How do you know when a cult of personality has gone too far? Simple. When supporters begin making comparisons to Jesus Christ.
That, at least, seems to be the case with Occupy Democrats, who apparently see some of the same traits between the Son of God and Bernie Sanders, the Vermont socialist running for the Democratic presidential nomination.
Here’s a graphic that makes the comparison:
Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?
Apparently, Sanders supporters think it’s hypocritical for religious conservatives to support Christ and not Bernie.
Red Alert Politics noted:
Earlier in March, agnostic celebrity scientist Neil deGrasse Tyson tweeted that Jesus would definitely have voted for the socialist senator, because he supports taxing the rich and is against torturing terrorists and building a wall on the Mexican border.
Tyson wasn’t the first celebrity to make this comparison, rapper Killer Mike told ABC News back in November that Sanders’ campaign “lines up next to the words of Jesus Christ.”
Ironically, Killer Mike doesn’t subscribe to an organized faith and said religion is responsible for more violence than rap music.
What’s next? Pictures of Sanders on a cross? They did it to Obama, so it’s possible…
- Watch Sanders cultists go bananas over bird landing on podium during speech
- Report: Facebook blocked article revealing Bernie Sanders’ hardcore Marxism
- Sanders Endorses Gun Confiscation
- Bernie Sanders says he would raise taxes on everyone to pay for family leave
- Socialist Bernie Sanders: America founded on ‘racist principles’