Joe Biden continues to destroy the U.S. economy with news that inflation has hit yet another 40-year-high.
Per Fox News:
The Labor Department said Friday that the consumer price index, a broad measure of the price for everyday goods, including gasoline, groceries and rents, rose 8.6% in May from a year ago. Prices jumped 1% in the one-month period from April. Those figures were both higher than the 8.3% headline figure and 0.7% monthly gain forecast by Refinitiv economists.
So-called core prices, which exclude more volatile measurements of food and energy, climbed 6% from the previous year, also more than Refinitiv expected. Core prices also rose 0.6% on a monthly basis, suggesting that underlying inflationary pressures remain strong.
“What an ugly CPI print. Not only was it higher than expected on almost all fronts, pressures were clearly evident in the stickier parts of the market,” said Seema Shah, chief strategist at Principal Global Investors. “The decline in inflation, whenever that finally happens, will be painfully slow.”
Price increases were widespread: Energy prices rose 3.9% in May from the previous month, and are up 34.6% from last year. Gasoline, on average, costs 48.7% more than it did one year ago and 7.8% more than it did in April. In all, fuel prices jumped 16.9% in May on a monthly basis, pushing the one-year increase to a stunning 106.7%.
Biden truly is destroying this country.
Cross-posted with iPatriot
- Survey Of Corporate Financial Officers: 100% Expect Recession To Start In The Months Ahead – We’re Already Feeling It
- Dem Sen. Stabenow: High Prices Didn’t Matter As I Drove By Gas Station In My Electric Car (Video)
- Now We Are Being Warned That Shortages Of Diesel Fuel And Electricity Are Coming In The Months Ahead
- Analysis: The Electric Car Is A Democrat Policy Designed To DESTROY You
- Biden’s Warning Seen As Confirmation He Was Deliberately Trying To Make Gas Prices Surge (Video)
- Question: Was Joe Biden Sent Here By The Kremlin To Deliberately Screw Up My America? (Analysis)
- Fill ‘er Up: Majority More Concerned About Gas Prices than Climate Change
Turn your back on Big Tech oligarchs and join the New Resistance NOW! Facebook, Google, and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately silence conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and follow us at Parler, Social Cross and Gab. You can also follow us on Truth Social here, Twitter at @co_firing_line, and at the social media site set up by members of Team Trump, GETTR.