On Monday, the UK Express reported that a growing number of cafes, schools and day care centers in Germany have stopped serving sausages, bacon and ham, in order to keep from offending migrants, many of whom are Muslim.
But it seems that members of Chancellor Angela Merkel’s CDU party aren’t too happy about the move and say that pork is a central part of German culture.
“The protection of minorities – including for religious reasons – must not mean that the majority is overruled in their free decision by ill-conceived consideration,” said party representative Daniel Günther. Tolerance, he argued, also means “the appreciation and sufferance of other food cultures and lifestyles” and those who don’t want to eat pork don’t have to.
Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?
”The consumption of pork belongs to our culture,” he added. “No one should be obliged to do so. But we also don’t want the majority having to refrain from pork.”
Apparently, Günther doesn’t understand what it means to be politically correct.
Who knows, maybe Facebook will use this as an excuse to ban him from the social media site…
The UK Express added:
German sausages are part of the country’s culture. At Oktoberfest in Munich, the largest beer festival in the world – sausages are served alongside steins of beer.
The move is likely to cause tensions among residents who support the introduction of restrictions on the inflow of refugees to the country.
- Video: Czech doctor reveals horrific reality of Muslim migrants in Germany
- Video: Canadian children welcome ‘refugees’ with song celebrating submission of Christians to Islam
- Danish man convicted, ordered to pay fine for Facebook comment comparing Islam to Nazism
- ‘Muslim Mafia’ author: Muslims working with Facebook to silence critics of Islam
- Muslims in Dearborn rally against free speech, call for anti-blasphemy laws