A man described as an immigrant from the Middle East opened fire on two recruiting stations, killing four Marines and wounding one in Chattanooga, Tennessee, today. A police officer was also wounded when shots were fired at a local recruiting station. One other person has been reported as injured but no further details were available at the time of this writing. He is being called a naturalized citizen from the Middle East region and authorities are calling it an act of domestic terrorism.
Just before the shooting, ISIS posted the following tweets:
[Editor’s note: Questions have since been raised about the timing of these tweets, but many say one was a warning of the attack. The account that released them has since been suspended by Twitter. More on that here.]
- Twitter gives Obama some ideas for defeating ISIS
- Reports claim ISIS-related Twitter account issued warning of Chattanooga attack
- Obama Says We Can’t Defeat ISIS With Guns…Must Use Ideas…WTH?
- Bad optics: Obama golfs as Iraq disintegrates under ISIS attacks
- President Obama fiddles as the world burns