Late Friday, Trump supporters Diamond and Silk said that after being in ongoing communications with Facebook, the social media site told the duo the reason their material no longer reaches the people who liked their page is because the company believes their content and brand are “dangerous to the community.”
The two outspoken Trump supporters said in a post on Facebook:
Diamond And Silk have been corresponding since September 7, 2017, with Facebook (owned by Mark Zuckerberg), about their bias censorship and discrimination against D&S brand page. Finally after several emails, chats, phone calls, appeals, beating around the bush, lies, and giving us the run around, Facebook gave us another bogus reason why Millions of people who have liked and/or followed our page no longer receives notification and why our page, post and video reach was reduced by a very large percentage. Here is the reply from Facebook. Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 3:40 PM: “The Policy team has came to the conclusion that your content and your brand has been determined unsafe to the community.” Yep, this was FB conclusion after 6 Months, 29 days, 5 hrs, 40 minutes and 43 seconds. Oh and guess what else Facebook said: “This decision is final and it is not appeal-able in any way.” (Note: This is the exact wording that FB emailed to us.)
Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?
They also posted a series of questions to Facebook:
1. What is unsafe about two Blk-women supporting the President Donald J. Trump?
2. Our FB page has been created since December 2014, when exactly did the content and the brand become unsafe to the community?
3. When you say “community” are you referring to the Millions who liked and followed our page?
4. What content on our page was in violation?
5. If our content and brand was so unsafe to the community, why is the option for us to boost our content and spend money with FB to enhance our brand page still available? Maybe FB should give us a refund since FB censored our reach.
6. Lastly, didn’t FB violate their own policy when FB stopped sending notifications to the Millions of people who liked and followed our brand page?
The determination that Diamond and Silk have been branded “dangerous” by Facebook comes as Zuckerberg is set to testify before House and Senate committees looking into issues regarding the company’s handling of user data.
The declaration also speaks volumes about Facebook and its ongoing efforts to censor those who do not hold a politically-correct point of view. There can no longer be any doubt that Facebook is truly the “world’s most dangerous censor.”
From our perspective, this smacks of viewpoint discrimination and should be cause to deny the company immunity from legal action under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996.
As we noted here, it’s time Congress takes action to rein in these out-of-control social media sites.
- Facebook accused of smearing Breitbart with misleading Wikipedia entry
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg in Meltdown Mode Over $70 BILLION in Lost Market Share
- Diamond and Silk threaten lawsuit against YouTube for discrimination — Video
- Soros-funded Media Matters falsely claims social media companies not censoring conservatives
- New Facebook alternative gives conservatives a ‘site with a purpose’ without the censorship
And if you’re as concerned about online censorship as we are, go here and order this book: