Eddie Griffin, who thinks he’s a comedian, openly called for Dallas, Texas to “do their job” and kill Donald Trump during a performance at the American Airlines Center on Friday. Within 24 hours, Facebook and Twitter had scrubbed the livestream video everywhere it was posted.
“Ya’ll took out one president, you need to take out another…Ya’ll need to put Trump into a convertible and take him out, or better yet, the driver should take him out.” Eddie Griffin
He even told his followers to get some folks onto the grassy knoll and be sure to take him out. This jerk needs to be arrested. He’s most certainly not funny, and has severely crossed the line. On Twitter he has 160K followers, and his Facebook page has over 2 Million.
The assassination of John F Kennedy was a major traumatic experience for Americans. To even reference that is abhorrent. To tell his 15,000 followers to do the same is past abhorrent and into criminal. He needs to be taken to jail. Period.
Ben Ferguson, a Conservative radio host, attended the performance and was live streaming it to Facebook. When he tried to access his account the next day, he was notified that the video violated their “community standards.” Which it did in a major way. But scrubbing it before the Secret Service got their hands on it was not the best idea.
The Federalist reported,
“Ferguson believes Facebook’s decision to remove the video, which had at least 100,000 views, is censorship.
“It’s protecting the Left when they’re doing something extreme,” he said.
He says he’s not the only one whose videos the social network selectively deleted. Others reportedly complained on Twitter that Facebook had purged their videos of Griffin’s disturbing monologue.”
— Tim Ray (@Mrfarrago) February 13, 2017
Twitter & Facebook took down videos of comedian Eddie Griffin advocating assassinating Trump in a convertible in Dallas at the grassy knoll.
— cathilee (@cathilee) February 13, 2017
— ??Cris ?? (@ThePatriot143) February 14, 2017
What happened to video of Eddie Griffin, calling for the assignation of President Trump? Hopefully, Griffin is in custody. DOJ do your job
— Chuck Poe (@ChuckAlexanderP) February 13, 2017
— John Dee✘-Deplorable (@GaltsGultch) February 13, 2017
Then there were some of the Facebook comments:
- Why did you encouraged audience members to assassinate President Trump during a standup comedy on Friday? That’s NOT funny you moron! I hope you get a visit from the FBI and Secret Service in the near future.
- Funny is funny but you done went stupid calling for Dallas to do it’s job. You asked anybody to assassinate President Trump. I hope you get put UNDER the jail.
- Shame on you and your remarks have been forwarded to the FBI expect a knock Your nothing more than an ignorant mook!!!
- After hearing you call for our President to be assassinated I will NEVER see any of your shows in person or on TV. I am going to post on facebook what you did so others will boycott you also!!! DISGRACEFUL!!!!
- ‘Scandal’ season premier prompts wishes to see Trump assassinated
- Twitter permits #AssassinateTrump hashtag
- Secret Service dealing with over 12,000 tweets calling for Trump’s assassination
- Does the Media Want Donald Trump Dead?
- CNN: Assassinating Trump could keep Obama regime in power
- Women’s March protester calls for Trump to be beheaded, set on fire