Even when fully informed of the source, and warned the donations appear sexist, he doubled down and said he wouldn’t return the donations.
Video of his statements can be seen below:
The contributions to Crist include $50,000 donation to his independent political committee from Joe Rodriguez, owner of Cheetah’s in Hallandale Beach, and $40,000 from two companies that operate the Scarlett’s chain, J.W. Lee Properties and S.B. Productions Inc.
Law officers investigated and raided Rodriguez’s club in 2009, charging 16 dancers and two managers with prostitution and cocaine possession charges. Rodriguez was not charged with a crime.
Charges against both managers were dropped and charges against the dancers either were dropped or reduced to disorderly conduct, said Luke Lirot, a Tampa lawyer who represented them. Lirot said the club is still operating.
A former dancer at the Scarlett’s in Hallandale has filed a class action lawsuit alleging its operators wrongly classified her and other dancers as contractors rather than employees, failing to pay them minimum wage or any wage at all.
Is there any question what would happen if Crist were a Republican? Of course not… But Crist will get a pass…
- Video: Audience laughs at absurd war on women attack by New York Democrat
- Liberal hate machine falsely claims Fox News told young people not to vote, low-infos outraged
- Wendy Davis hyperventilates, attacks Greg Abbott over dildos
- Virginia Democrat says he’s okay with extermination of five million Americans
- Anti-gun Missouri Dem. arrested with 9mm pistol, refuses breathalyzer test