The charge is “misbehavior in the face of the enemy.” It carries a maximum of life in prison. The charge is based on the fact that by deserting, his group had one less soldier than when they went looking for him, and more lives were endangered.
Bergdahl has already been charged with desertion, but the prosecuting attorneys must have decided that it wasn’t good enough and did some research and found the additional charge.
Somehow I doubt that the many people who were angry about Obama releasing 5 extremely dangerous terrorists for a traitor will be satisfied.
- Liberal writer argues that army deserted Bergdahl, not vice versa
- Left excuses Obama’s deal with the devil for Bergdahl release
- Video: Susan Rice claims Bowe Bergdahl served ‘with honor and distinction’
- Bowe Bergdahl to parents: ‘The horror that is America is disgusting’
- Jay Carney says Bowe Bergdahl not a hostage: ‘He was a prisoner’