She made her intention clear on Twitter, joining other bossy liberals who think the word needs to be banned — for the children, naturally.
— D Wasserman Schultz (@DWStweets) March 10, 2014
Not everyone was impressed:
— Stephen Miller (@redsteeze) March 10, 2014
@DWStweets its nice to see you making bossy gender specific.. Oh wait, its not
— Bill S (@bigbillybmoney) March 10, 2014
— Jim Treacher (@jtLOL) March 11, 2014
The campaign was started by Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, who enlisted Condoleezza Rice and Girl Scouts USA CEO Anna Maria Chávez.
Liberal celebrities have also hopped on the bandwagon, Fox News reported:
“I think the word ‘bossy’ is just a squasher,” “Glee” star Jane Lynch says in a campaign PSA, while Beyonce states: “I’m not bossy… I’m the boss.” Actress Jennifer Garner asserts that “being labeled something matters,” and famed fashion designer Diane von Furstenberg adds the kicker that we “should just ban the word ‘bossy’.”
Face it, this is just another effort by statist liberals to control people’s lives.
“The word ‘bossy’ is more PC gibberish. It demonizes an ordinary word without really putting much thought behind it. Instead of banning, we should be promoting positives like leadership, ambition, faith and self-respect,” said Katie Yoder, staff writer for the Media Research Center.
- Seattle to city workers: ‘Citizen’, ‘brown bag’ not to be used in official docs
- A short list of words not considered offensive or racist by liberals
- Political correctness gone wild: Dinos, birthdays banned in NYC student tests
- Education consultant says white paper may cause racism in young children
- First grade boy under investigation for sexual harassment
- UK school demands mother declare 7-year-old son racist
- Group wants Pledge removed from MA town schools, recalls ‘totalitarian regimes’
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz compares Darrell Issa to totalitarianism in Venezuela
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz boots conservative blogger from Democratic dinner
- Wasserman Schultz: GOP ‘un-American’ for seeking answers to Benghazi attack