President-elect Joe Biden’s inaugural committee will refund a donation from former Sen. Barbara Boxer after the California Democrat registered as a foreign agent for a Chinese surveillance firm accused of abetting the country’s mass internment of Uighur Muslims, officials tell Axios. Following the backlash, Boxer announced she would no longer do any work for the company calling it “a negative distraction.”
Previously, Boxer had registered as a foreign agent for a Chinese surveillance company which is linked to the spying and targeting of the Uighurs. Boxer was to provide “strategic consulting services” to the Chinese surveillance firm Hikvision’s U.S. subsidiary, according to documents filed with the Justice Department by Mercury Public Affairs last week. Boxer co-chairs the firm’s Los Angeles office.
The mass internment of the Uighurs is considered one of the worst human rights abuses anywhere in the world.
“It’s interesting Biden’s inaugural committee refunded Barbara Boxer’s money,” noted Americans for Limited Government President Rick Manning. “What will be even more interesting is if Joe Biden, aka, “the big guy” returns take from the Hunter Biden China deals.”
According to Tony Bobulinski, a former Hunter Biden business associate, Hunter Biden treated a $5 million contribution to a proposed joint venture with a Chinese energy firm as his “personal piggybank,” and was going to hold 10% of those funds for his father, whom the parties to the agreement referred to as “the big guy.”
Journalist Peter Schweizer told Fox News’ Sean Hannity earlier this week, “The announcement that Barbara Boxer was actually going to do lobbying work for Hikvision, which is a company that’s central to the Chinese national security state apparatus, is emblematic of the problem that we have in Washington D.C. Politicians aren’t always for sale, but a lot of them are for rent.
“The Bidens have had a long cozy relationship with foreign entities and foreign governments, particularly China,” Schweizer added. “Those relationships just don’t get swept away. Those relationships linger. The money flow continues and any leverage that those foreign powers might have on the Biden family still exists to this day. I don’t think we’ve ever had an American president that has been this commercially linked to our chief adversary which is China.”
David Rubin, host of the Rubin Report, told Hannity, “People have just had it with the swamp. This situation with Barbara Boxer, she was a senator for 24 years she’s 80 years old. Just retire! As if she’s not a millionaire already, why is she taking money, not from a Chinese sneaker company, but a Chinese surveillance company? These people work in government where they don’t do much except get rich. Then they work for the lobbying companies. “
- In 2019, the Trump administration barred Hikvision from doing business with American firms absent a U.S. government license, citing the parent company’s alleged involvement in the repression of Muslim minorities in the Chinese region of Xinjiang.
- Last year the Trump administration accused Hikvision of ties to the Chinese military and prohibited U.S. investment in the company.
- The state-owned China Electronics Technology Group is Hikvision’s controlling stakeholder.
- Hikvision cameras have been installed at internment camps in Xinjiang, where more than 1 million Uighurs are estimated to have been imprisoned or subjected to forced labor.
- Biden’s presidential campaign described China’s treatment of Uighur Muslims as “genocide” last year and said he “stands against it in the strongest terms.”
Chinese infiltration of Bay area Democrats
- According to Axios, the woman at the center of the spy operation, a Chinese national named Fang Fang or Christine Fang, targeted up-and-coming local politicians in the Bay Area who had “the potential to make it big on the national stage.”
- Through campaign fundraising, extensive networking, personal charisma, and romantic or sexual relationships, Fang was able to gain proximity to political power, according to current and former U.S. intelligence officials and one former elected official.
- Even though U.S. officials do not believe Fang received or passed on classified information, the case “was a big deal, because there were some really, really sensitive people that were caught up” in the intelligence network, a current senior U.S. intelligence official said.
- Fang used political gatherings, civic society conferences, campaign rallies, and campus events to connect with elected officials and other prominent figures, according to U.S. intelligence officials.
According to Axios, Boxer donated only $500 to his inauguration. So, perhaps Biden can easily part with that money. But he’s unwilling to part with the larger sums of money he and his son reportedly got from China through their venture with the Chinese energy company.
Catherine Mortensen is Vice President of Communications at Americans for Limited Government.
Cross-posted with The Daily Torch
- Audio: Hunter Biden Confesses Partnership with China ‘Spy Chief,’ Joe Biden Named as Criminal Case Witness
- GOP Rep Greene Set To File Articles of Impeachment Against Biden the Day After Inauguration (Video)
- Biden’s Green New Deal Will End Fracking, Make America Beholden To China
- Video of the Day: Audio Said To Be Of Biden-Poroshenko Discussing $Billion Quid Pro Quo
- Leaked Ukrainian Documents Show Millions of Dollars Funneled to Hunter Biden and John Kerry’s Family
Turn your back on Big Tech oligarchs and join the New Resistance NOW! Facebook, Google and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately silence conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and follow us at Parler, Social Cross and Gab. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line.
While you’re at it, be sure to check out our friends at Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative front-page founded by ex-military!
And be sure to check out our friends at Trending Views: