President Joe Biden reaffirmed his role as a career anti-gunner Thursday, declaring six “actions” he is taking as no threat to the Second Amendment, accusing critics of making “phony arguments” about gun rights being in danger.
Immediately social media lit up with declarations from grassroots gun rights activists that none of what is being proposed will prevent a single crime. News agencies continued referring to “gun violence” as though it were somehow different from violent crime involving knives or other sharp instruments, or blunt objects which are annually used in more homicides than rifles or shotguns, according to FBI data.
As noted by Newsmax, Biden once again asserted gun related violence is a “public health issue.” Gun prohibition lobbying groups quickly reacted with glee as Biden ticked off items on the gun control wish list including his call on Congress to:
- Close the so-called “gun show loophole”
- Close the so-called “Charleston loophole”
- Reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
- Ban so-called “assault weapons”
- Hold gun manufacturers “accountable” for crimes committed with firearms.
That list was compiled by the Seattle-based Alliance for Gun Responsibility, a billionaire-backed lobbying group responsible for two extremist gun control initiatives adopted by Evergreen State voters in recent years. Neither measure has apparently prevented any crimes or significantly lowered the number of murders in the state.
According to a White House Fact Sheet, this is the Biden-Harris gun control scheme:
The Justice Department, within 30 days, will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of “ghost guns.” We are experiencing a growing problem: criminals are buying kits containing nearly all of the components and directions for finishing a firearm within as little as 30 minutes and using these firearms to commit crimes. When these firearms turn up at crime scenes, they often cannot be traced by law enforcement due to the lack of a serial number. The Justice Department will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of these firearms.
The Justice Department, within 60 days, will issue a proposed rule to make clear when a device marketed as a stabilizing brace effectively turns a pistol into a short-barreled rifle subject to the requirements of the National Firearms Act. The alleged shooter in the Boulder tragedy last month appears to have used a pistol with an arm brace, which can make a firearm more stable and accurate while still being concealable.
The Justice Department, within 60 days, will publish model “red flag” legislation for states. Red flag laws allow family members or law enforcement to petition for a court order temporarily barring people in crisis from accessing firearms if they present a danger to themselves or others. The President urges Congress to pass an appropriate national “red flag” law, as well as legislation incentivizing states to pass “red flag” laws of their own. In the interim, the Justice Department’s published model legislation will make it easier for states that want to adopt red-flag laws to do so.
The Administration is investing in evidence-based community violence interventions. Community violence interventions are proven strategies for reducing gun violence in urban communities through tools other than incarceration. Because cities across the country are experiencing a historic spike in homicides, the Biden-Harris Administration is taking a number of steps to prioritize investment in community violence interventions.
- The American Jobs Plan proposes a $5 billion investment over eight years to support community violence intervention programs. A key part of community violence intervention strategies is to help connect individuals to job training and job opportunities.
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is organizing a webinar and toolkit to educate states on how they can use Medicaid to reimburse certain community violence intervention programs, like Hospital-Based Violence Interventions.
- Five federal agencies are making changes to 26 different programs to direct vital support to community violence intervention programs as quickly as possible. These changes mean we can start increasing investments in community violence interventions as we wait on Congress to appropriate additional funds. Read more about these agency actions here.
The Justice Department will issue an annual report on firearms trafficking. In 2000, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) issued a report summarizing information regarding its investigations into firearms trafficking, which is one way firearms are diverted into the illegal market where they can easily end up in the hands of dangerous individuals. Since the report’s publication, states, local, and federal policymakers have relied on its data to better thwart the common channels of firearms trafficking. But there is good reason to believe that firearms trafficking channels have changed since 2000, for example, due to the emergence of online sales and proliferation of “ghost guns.” The Justice Department will issue a new, comprehensive report on firearms trafficking and annual updates necessary to give policymakers the information they need to help address firearms trafficking today.
A story at Fox News suggested Biden-Harris could have a tough time getting their agenda through Congress.
- Emperor Joe On Gun Control Executive Orders: ‘No Amendment to The Constitution Is Absolute’ (Video)
- MO State Legislator Introduces Bill to Nullify Any Biden Gun Control Efforts
- Harris/Biden Gun Slogan: If You Like Your Guns, Sorry, You CAN’T Keep Them
- Arizona HB 2111 – Another State Votes to Stop Biden’s Gun Control Agenda; Biden’s Nominee for ATF Director is Gun Control Advocate
- White House Confirms Biden Looking to ‘Get the Job Done’ With Executive Orders on Gun Control
Turn your back on Big Tech oligarchs and join the New Resistance NOW! Facebook, Google and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately silence conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and follow us at Parler, Codias, Social Cross and Gab. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line.
If you appreciate independent conservative reports like this, please go here and support us on Patreon, get your conservative pro-Trump gear here and check out some great pro-Republican gear here.While you’re at it, be sure to check out our friends at Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative front-page founded by ex-military!
And be sure to check out our friends at Trending Views: