On Tuesday, Detroit’s WXYZ reported that a jury convicted Amor Ftouhi of terrorism charges stemming from the stabbing of a police officer at Flint Bishop International Airport in 2017. According to the report, Ftouhi is a native of Tunisia who was living in Canada at the time.
WXYZ said that he entered the Flint airport and stabbed Lt. Jeff Neville while yelling “Allahu Akhbar” in June 2017. He apparently attempted to purchase a gun in Michigan after researching gun laws and shows in Michigan, but failed.
Instead, he purchased a 12-inch knife and stabbed Neville on June 20, 2017. The wounded officer fought Ftouhi who reportedly continued calling on Allah and “referencing people having been killed in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan.”
Officers, aided by long-time shoe shine employee Joe Garza, finally took the assailant down.
Ftouhi later told authorities that he was a “soldier of Allah” and a follower of al-Qaeda and Osama bin Laden.
WXYZ gave some background on Ftouhi:
- Amor Ftouhi is 49 years old
- He’s a resident of Canada, and originally from Tunisia
- Ftouhi is married and has three children
- His landlord says he always paid his rent on time and was not a difficult tenant
- Court officials say he works “on and off” as a truck driver
- Ftouhi reportedly entered the U.S. in New York on June 16 before making his way to Flint
- Officials believe he acted alone in the attack
- Police say Ftouhi yelled “Allahu akbar,” which means “God is great” in Arabic before stabbing the officer. He also reportedly referenced killings in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan
- FBI officials say preliminary information indicates that Ftouhi was not on any terror watch lists before he arrived in Flint
According to the report, he now faces a maximum of life in prison.
- Former Google employee: Efforts underway to demote anything non-PC, anti-Islamic terror from search results
- Young Islamic terror victim addresses European Parliament
- Transit Cop’s Trial Details Ties between Neo-Nazism, Islamist Terrorism
- Report: 173-Man Islamic State Terror Team Headed Towards Europe
If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line. Please be sure to check out our MeWe page here and check us out at ProAmerica Only here.
And while you’re at it, be sure to check out our friends at Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative front-page founded by ex-military!