When 6-year-old Ellie Porter was diagnosed four months ago with a rare form of cancer, her father, a doctor, knew that his daughter was literally facing the fight of her young life. He didn’t know at the time — no one outside of the Obama administration did — that another fight was brewing that would unnecessarily complicate a situation that was already every parent’s nightmare. The president had gotten appeared news cameras numerous times and promised, “If you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan. Period.”
That pledge has turned out to be a magnificent, glaring lie. Suddenly, there was a qualification to it that had never been mentioned. You could keep your health plan so long as it met twelve conditions imposed by the Affordable Care Act. Any policy that didn’t, for example, include maternity care and drug rehabilitation was now arbitrarily judged to be “substandard.”
Ellie Porter’s policy was canceled because it didn’t comply with the “standards” of the Affordable Care Act. Dr. Paul Porter recently appeared on Fox and Friends to discuss the curve ball Obamacare has thrown at this family. “It’s just adding something for us that we didn’t need at this current time,” he said, noting that the family was “very happy” with their insurance coverage
The policy that was canceled costs $364.13 a month. An Obamacare-compliant policy would more than double their premium, to $783.75 a month.
Ellie’s is not the first story of the law’s harmful impact on children with cancer or other chronic illnesses. Other such cases have been reported here and here. The president, despite his fondness for carting warm bodies before the press cameras to score points, has conveniently ignored these stories, which run counter to his preferred narrative. In the meantime, he continues to blast anyone who rejects his awful law as being motivated by politics, while remaining stubbornly dug in himself.
For him the ends really do justify the means.
- Three cancer patients, 2 of them children, lose coverage because of Obamacare
- Death by Obamacare: ‘Reform’ reams cancer patients
- Obamacare’s next hurdle: Doc shock
- The ‘Obamacare worm’ crawls into the life of another family with chronically ill children
- The moral conundrum facing left-wing extremists if the Obamacare website starts working
- Dems, president can run but they can’t hide from Obamacare
- How long will MSM keep trying to whitewash Obamacare’s failure with anecdotal evidence?
- Love it or hate it, Obamacare redistributes wealth
- True Confessions: ‘How Obamacare forced my mom to become a whore of the state’
- Libs desperate to prove Obamacare will succeed
- Obama, Dems cease referring to health care law as Obamacare
- ‘You screwed me over,’ says woman cited by Obama as Obamacare success story
- A confused Nancy Pelosi attempts — and fails — to wriggle out of her own Obamacare lie
- Healthcare.gov lowers sights: 80% enrollment new measure of ‘success’
- Add Pelosi to list of Dems who promised you could keep your health plan
- Upshot of Obama’s meeting with insurers: They knew what was in law, but he didn’t?
- Obama’s ‘fix’ exposes another Obamacare lie (Video)
- Obamacare success stories trumpeted in confused (and confusing) Rose Garden event
- As Obama forces out apology, Healthcare.gov spews out garbled code
- Gaming Obamacare: A loophole that will result in massive fraud and overload the system