How serious are Israelis about dealing with terrorism? Far more than politicians in Washington, D.C., it appears. On Friday, Arutz Sheva reported that Jewish Home chairman and Education Minister Naftali Bennett presented a plan to stop the latest terror threat against Israelis. Part of that plan includes shutting down Facebook access in the Hevron area.
Here’s the 11-point plan as presented by Arutz Sheva (Emphasis added):
1. Arrest and imprisonment for the families of the terrorists and perhaps even deportation. Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked has been working to promote the issue.
2. Immediately demolish the thousands of illegal Arab buildings which have been approved for demolition.
3. Impose a total curfew on the village from which the terrorists came and its surroundings.
4. Shut down Facebook, the internet and 3G in the entire Hevron area as preventive and not punitive action. Facebook is a central incitement tool in this viral wave of terrorism, noted Bennett.
5. Stop all Hamas activists in Judea and Samaria, as the IDF did during Operation Brother’s Keeper, after the kidnapping of the three yeshiva students two years ago.
6. Prevent the transfer of funds to the families of terrorist murderers, effective immediately.
7. Re-arrest terrorists freed in the Shalit deal who committed offenses in the past two years.
8. Resume the IDF’s military activities in Areas A and B.
9. Build two Jewish neighborhoods in Kiryat Arba.
10. A Mini “Operation Defensive Shield” in the Hevron area.
11. Stop Palestinian traffic on Highway 60.
“Viral terrorism cannot be stopped with a closure,” Bennett said Friday. “No barrier will stop terrorists who see that the family of the murderer is not paying the price. We cannot settle for the imposition of closures or stopping the funds to the Palestinian Authority as the family of the terrorist continues to receive payments. Without action, the family of the murderer of Hallel Ariel will receive its pension on the first of August.”
Ariel, as has been confirmed by the State Department, was a U.S. citizen. She was murdered by a Palestinian terrorist who stabbed her after breaking into her home.
Obama, by the way, has yet to condemn the murder.
Bennett, as my friend Adina Kutnicki informs me, is no slouch, nor does he seem to be your run-of-the-mill politician.
According to Wikipedia, he served in the Sayeret Matkal and Maglan special forces units of the Israel Defense Forces. Adina tells me this unit is akin to the Navy SEALs.
When Bennett speaks of shutting down Facebook, she informed me, “he is speaking, first and foremost, as a security operative, and then as a politician.”
Meanwhile, politicians here in the States would rather eat a plateful of bugs than mention Facebook, as I learned while writing “BANNED: How Facebook enables militant Islamic jidah” with Adina. Worse yet, a growing number seem oblivious to the threat of terrorism by adherents of Islam.
Some, like Attorney General Loretta Lynch, would have us believe we can effectively deal with terrorism through hugs and rounds of “Kumbaya.”
Personally, I think Bennett’s approach would be far more effective. But that’s just me.
- Obama silent over murder of 13-year-old US citizen in Israel by Palestinian terrorist
- Congress Slits America’s Throat, DHS Joins In The Gang-Bang: Islam Über Alles!
- Did AG Loretta Lynch really say that Muslims are under the government’s protection? – Video
- Coptic Priest in Egypt Gunned Down by ISIS in Sinai Peninsula
- Video: Witness at Cruz hearing accuses two Muslim congressmen of ties to Muslim Brotherhood