Liberalism, as I’ve said many times before, is an ideology of rage and hate. After being tapped to head up the select committee on Benghazi, Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., was the target of threatening emails, Politico reported Tuesday.
According to Politico, reporters and journalists at other outlets received two emails on Tuesday warning that the South Carolina Republican would be harmed because of his leading role in investigating the 2012 attacks that saw the deaths of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.
Capitol Police would not comment on the scope of the investigation, Politico added, but “an active, open investigation” is underway, according to Officer Shennell Antrobus.
It’s not the first time Gowdy has faced threats, Politico added. Lauren French said a woman with a gun approached Gowdy while he was sitting in his car in Spartanburg. That incident took place in 2012.
Gowdy also faced threats while serving as the district attorney of South Carolina’s Seventh District.
This is par for the course for the left.
- Authorities investigating email threats against GOP Rep. Trey Gowdy
- An open-letter to Rep. Trey Gowdy
- GOP Rep. Gowdy: Nancy Pelosi ‘mind-numbingly stupid,’ recommends doctor visit
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Liberals on Twitter threaten to kill Romney, tweets forwarded to Secret Service
- Liberals on Twitter threaten violence against conservative True the Vote