Audio: Blaine Cooper says LaVoy Finicum left all weapons at refuge, was unarmed when shot

cooperWhile appearing in an Internet radio interview, militiaman Blaine Cooper dropped a bombshell regarding LaVoy Finicum, the rancher killed by law enforcement agents on the road to John Day, Oregon.

According to Cooper, Finicum — who had been photographed wearing a holstered revolver — had left all of his weapons at the refuge when he and the others left to attend a meeting at John Day.

“When they left to go over to the other county, all of them left their weapons behind. As far as Ammon wasn’t armed, LaVoy wasn’t armed, all of LaVoys weapons were at the refuge when he left,” he said.

“The only reason he drove off was because he was being fired at so he drove off so he didn’t get shot,” Cooper said.  “There’s two rounds in the top of his truck that they were able to photograph. That’s why he drove off and tried to get around there because he was afraid they were going to kill him. And he was right.”

Will this presidential election be the most important in American history?

This, of course, would directly contradict what officers had said previously.  According to the FBI, Finicum was allegedly reaching for a semiautomatic pistol in his jacket pocket.

Two women who were in Finicum’s vehicle, however, have also said he was unarmed at the time he was gunned down.

Cooper, Intellihub said, was not arrested and was nowhere to be found after the shooting, causing many to speculate what may have happened.  He addressed those concerns as well:

When asked why he was not at the refuge shortly after Bundy and his group were ambushed on the highway, Cooper responded that he was indeed there AFTER the arrest of the Bundy brothers and murder of Lavoy Finicum. This is a key detail as many have accused Cooper of leaving before the arrests which in itself would be suspicious.

“We were all there in a group, in the chow hall, and there was a vote over who wanted to wanted to stay and who wanted to go… this was before the roadblocks were put in place,” Cooper claimed.

“I told all of the people there that it would prolly be in our best interest to leave armed in a convoy. Some people wanted to go and some wanted to stay and thats what happened…. and we went into a different state where we were safe, about a 100 militia, and we are just standing by right now and seeing how it plays out. We barely made it out.”

Cooper continued, “I didn’t leave until after Lavoy was killed and murdered. We were there at the refuge holding it down while they went into the neighboring county to talk about the Constitution. While we were there at the refuge someone said Lavoy was killed and the others arrested.”

“Once we found it was in fact real, that they killed him, we got everybody together and we were preparing for a defense because we thought they were coming in right then to kill us,” he said.

Audio of the interview with Cooper can be seen below:


If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so.

Joe Newby

A 10-year veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, Joe ran for a city council position in Riverside, Calif., in 1991 and managed successful campaigns for the Idaho state legislature. Co-author of "Banned: How Facebook enables militant Islamic jihad," Joe wrote for from 2010 until it closed in 2016 and his work has been published at Newsbusters, Spokane Faith and Values and other sites. He now runs the Conservative Firing Line.

Related Articles

Our Privacy Policy has been updated to support the latest regulations.Click to learn more.×