In addition to the more than 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition DHS has purchased over the last 18 months, the TSA — the agency that gropes people at airports — is looking to buy about 3.5 million rounds of .357 SIG caliber training ammunition, GSN Magazine reported Saturday.
A sample of 4,000 rounds will be tested during the “Proposal Submittal” phase and an additional 4,000 rounds will be subjected to “Post-award First Article Testing.” All of these rounds will be delivered to the National Firearms and Tactical Training Unit in Altoona, PA, says TSA. “The National Firearms and Tactical Training Unit (NFTTU) will conduct all testing; however, NFTTU reserves the right to use an outside laboratory to conduct performance verification if it deems necessary,” says the RFP.
It gets better.
“The exact quantity of .357 SIG caliber training rounds sought in the RFP is 3,450,000, which means the TSA could fire off more than 9,400 rounds per day, every day of the year, to consume that entire quantity annually,” GSN added.
But the agency insists the manufacturer specify that the “usable storage life” of the ammunition without degradation is a minimum of three years.
“A ‘Use By’ label shall be affixed to each shipping case indicating the three year date,” says the RFP.
I wonder if they’re going to use these for target practice?
Doesn’t that make you so much safer?
- Retired Army officer warns: DHS preparing for war against American citizens
- Company designs targets with pictures of armed children, pregnant women
- Military drills in major cities alarm citizens, raise fears of government action
- Renowned author: Obama wants military leaders who will fire on U.S. citizens
- Singer James Taylor: Americans need to ‘sacrifice’ freedom to protect society
- Obama Executive Order would seize US infrastructure, citizens for nat’l defense
- Retired officer warns: Obama victory may spark civil war
- Texas judge warns of possible civil war, U.N. takeover if Obama wins
- Tea Party Nation head wonders: Is the military set to act against Americans?
- Homeland Security seeking to purchase 7,000 ‘assault rifles‘
Be sure to check out our Headlines page to see what else our contributors are covering and make sure to listen to “Grit and Grace” every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.