Responding to the forced ouster of Mozilla co-founder and CEO Brendan Eich over a 2008 donation to a group supporting Proposition 8, Slate’s William Saletan issued a screed calling for a “purge” of all employees who donated in support of Prop. 8.
“Why do these bigots still have jobs?” he asked. “Let’s go get them.”
Predictably, liberal supporters claimed Saletan was being satirical, but as of this writing, there is nothing satirical about his piece.
“Wow. Apparently the author of this stupid ‘article’ doesn’t understand satire, and doesn’t know that Will Saletan is not advocating a purge, nor would he, given his other reporting and columns. Had he bothered to get to the end of Saletan’s piece, he would likely have understood it. I feel dirty having just read this ‘article,”” one commenter said at Examiner.
But Saletan seems quite serious in his call for a purge of anyone who does not march in lock-step with the gay agenda.
“If we’re serious about taking down corporate officers who supported Proposition 8, and boycotting employers who promote them, we’d better get cracking on the rest of the list. Otherwise, perhaps we should put down the pitchforks,” he wrote in his last paragraph — the same one liberal readers claim is satire.
Sorry, I know something of satire. This is satire, but there is nothing satirical about Saletan’s piece. It is, more than anything else, a call to action. Couple that with his statement to “get them,” and one can easily surmise that the piece comes just short of an actual call for physical violence.
So here’s my next question: Is Slate prepared to go full-bore and call for death camps for conservatives?
That is, after all, the next logical step.
Historically, it’s what Hitler and Stalin did, and it fits right in with the liberal mindset.
If Saletan had indicated anywhere in his piece that he was being facetious, liberals might have a point. He didn’t, and they don’t. Of course, nothing is preventing him from changing the article for appearances’ sake.
His article, however, does unmask the real agenda of the pro-gay left and proves yet again that liberalism, at its core, is a tyrannical ideology of hate and rage.
- Liberal Slate calls for ‘purge’ of those who support traditional marriage
- Fascist: Mozilla CEO forced to step down for supporting traditional marriage
- Lesbian activist: Gay marriage fight a ‘lie’ to destroy traditional marriage
- Obama returns to 1996 position, now says he supports gay marriage
- Oregon bakery target of threats, ‘terrorism’ for refusal to serve gay wedding
- Report: DOJ requires employees to verbally affirm homosexuality
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Mark Levin warns: Obama preparing country for coup against Constitution
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
- Retired Army officer warns: DHS preparing for war against American citizens
- Retired Army officer calls for ‘American Spring’ to oust Obama, other leaders
- Goodbye free speech: GLAAD seeks to censor those critical of homosexuality