File this under “what the…” It seems that New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio has a problem with distances. As reported previously, he travels 40 minutes by gas-guzzling motorcade to work out at a YMCA in Brooklyn despite the presence of numerous health clubs near Gracie Mansion, not to mention that one of his key initiatives as a politician is to curb carbon emissions.
His distance problem is evident as well in his pick to head the city’s scandal-plagued public housing authority. The New York Post notes that “Gregory Russ, the head of Minneapolis’ tiny public housing agency … plans to travel back to Minnesota every weekend, according to city officials.” Was de Blasio unable to hire someone who lived closer than 1,200 miles away or was at least willing to relocate to the Big Apple to carry out his new job?
It’s not just distance that’s a problem. It’s also Russ’s salary: At $402,628, he will become the highest paid city official — earning more than hizzoner or even Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
“In a national search, Greg Russ stands out as someone with the guts to make big changes and the heart to do right by public housing residents,” de Blasio is quoted as having said in a statement. “I’m thrilled to welcome him to NYCHA.”
He may do a fine job indeed, as long as public housing crises are considerate enough not to happen on the weekend.
Cross-posted with Liberty Unyielding
- Imbecile: Bill de Blasio falsely claims anti-Semitism solely a ‘right-wing movement,’ absent from the left
- Communist Action? NY Mayor De Blasio Pushes Seizure of Property of Bad Landlords
- Free Press-Loving Bill De Blasio Has Reporter Hauled Away By Security For Asking Question
- Lock him up: Border Protection says New York Mayor Bill de Blasio crossed border illegally
- Bill de Blasio goes full Communist, argues against private property, says state should determine who lives where
If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line. Facebook is now doing everything it can to stifle conservative content, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and the new social site, Hardcore Conservatives.
While you’re at it, be sure to check out our friends at Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative front-page founded by ex-military!
And be sure to check out our friends at Trending Views: