The Washington Post lied About Donald Trump? OMG, that is totally shocking ..not!
The Washington Post issued a correction saying it had “misquote” (lied) about former President Donald Trump telling Georgia’s top elections investigator “to find the fraud” back in December. At the time, the Post claimed Trump called Georgia’s Secretary of State and other election officials demanding that they go out and manufacture enough votes to make sure he wins the Georgia election. The phone call happened, but their report about the content of the call was fake news.
On Monday the WaPo placed the correction on top of the original story published on its website back in January.
Correction: Two months after publication of this story, the Georgia secretary of state released an audio recording of President Donald Trump’s December phone call with the state’s top elections investigator. The recording revealed that The Post misquoted Trump’s comments on the call, based on information provided by a source. Trump did not tell the investigator to “find the fraud” or say she would be “a national hero” if she did so. Instead, Trump urged the investigator to scrutinize ballots in Fulton County, Ga., asserting she would find “dishonesty” there. He also told her that she had “the most important job in the country right now.” A story about the recording can be found here. The headline and text of this story have been corrected to remove quotes misattributed to Trump.
It wasn’t a misquote. The Post story created quotes Trump never said. A liberal newspaper using an anonymous source to push a false story about Donald Trump. Gee, when Trump was president, that didn’t happen too often–not more than once or twice a week. Not only did the false Washington Post story get picked all over the country. The Washington Post lied and other MSM outlets swore to it.
Is America headed for a recession?
- CNN claimed to independently “confirm” the story through their own anonymous sources. I wonder if the source was Humpty Stelter?
- NBC News reported it “confirmed The Post’s characterization of the Dec. 23 call through a source familiar with the conversation.”
- ABC News reported, an individual familiar with the matter confirmed to ABC News.”
- USA Today claimed a “Georgia official speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal matters confirmed the details of the call.”
- PBS NewsHour said it independently confirmed the story.
Of course, at the time, we reported the WAPO Misled About What Trump Said.
And they were published just before the Georgia Senate runoff elections. The contests were razor-thin and Republican turnout was low…did GOP voters stay home two days after the WaPo report disgusted by the thought of the president interfering with their election giving the Dems victory in both elections? It’s a strong possibility.
After the correction, the former President issued a statement thanking the Post for the correction and justly slammed the four-plus years of lies about him that came from the mainstream media,
“You will notice that establishment media errors, omissions, mistakes, and outright lies always slant one way—against me and against Republicans. Meanwhile, stories that hurt Democrats or undermine their narratives are buried, ignored, or delayed until they can do the least harm—for example, after an election is over.
Look no further than the negative coverage of the vaccine that preceded the election and the overdue celebration of the vaccine once the election had concluded. A strong democracy requires a fair and honest press. This latest media travesty underscores that legacy media outlets should be regarded as political entities—not journalistic enterprises. In any event, I thank the Washington Post for the correction.”
Below is Trump’s full statement.
The Wall Street Journal posted the actual audio of the call, which can be heard here.
Cross-posted with The Lid
- Full Audio And Transcript Of Trump-Raffensperger Call-WAPO Misled About What Trump Said
- Video of the Day: Trump NUKES WaPo Propagandist Over Press Conference Crowd, Calls Gathering A ‘Peaceful Protest’ Against the Media
- Sworn Witness Claims To Have Hacked ‘Secure’ Georgia Runoff Race Voting Machines (Video)
- Georgia Republicans Need To Play By The Same Rules As Democrats If They Want To Win On Jan. 5
- Coffee County Georgia Refuses to Certify Re-Count Results
Turn your back on Big Tech oligarchs and join the New Resistance NOW! Facebook, Google and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately silence conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and follow us at Parler, Codias, Social Cross and Gab. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line.
While you’re at it, be sure to check out our friends at Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative front-page founded by ex-military!
And be sure to check out our friends at Trending Views: