Who would have ever guessed it? Dayna Morales, the New Jersey waitress who fabricated a tale about receiving an anti-gay message from a customer, has a history of mendacity — which is a polite way of saying she is a pathological liar.
After her sob story about being stiffed by a couple who disapproved of her lifestyle was proven false, reporters began digging into Morales’s past. They discovered she had previously lied about (a) a boat hitting her house during Hurricane Sandy, (b) having brain cancer, and (c) injuring herself while serving in Afghanistan. A spokesman for the Marines confirmed she did serve, but she was never in Afghanistan and that she didn’t fulfill her service.
Which brings us to her signal lie of omission. Although during her 15 minutes of fame she has made much of her patriotic service to her country as a Marine — and even pledged to divert some of the “tip money” that rolled in from strangers to the Wounded Warriors Project — Morales was dishonorably discharged from the Corps last spring after she “stopped showing up.”
NBC New York learned from a Pentagon source that Morales was dismissed from the Marine Reserves in May because she wasn’t attending drills. The source went on to allow as how Morales was formally discharged under conditions that were less than honorable.
A woman who had served with her told reporters, “I wouldn’t want anyone to think she was a part of my Marine Corps family, because she’s not.”
Morales’s stories of personal tragedy appear to from a pattern within a pattern. Her claim of having been diagnosed with a brain tumor, for example, arose when she was waitressing at a Cheesecake Factory in Nyack, N.Y. One of her former colleagues, Jacqie Fitzpatrick, told NBC, “She came in with her hair shaved because she wanted to shave it herself before she lost it.”
As with the story of anti-gay bias, Morales milked the lie by accepting offers of help from friends at work. Then, she abruptly quit, according to Fitzpatrick, and her coworkers didn’t see her again until she appeared in news reports about the receipt.
Gallop Asian Bistro, the restaurant where she was working when she made the bogus claim about the guest check, said that it is now investigating the incident and that Morales is not on the work schedule for now.
- Waitress who says she was stiffed because she was gay lied
- Woman wants state to recognize her same-sex marriage … so she can end it
- Census Bureau faked jobs report month before 2012 election
- A confused Nancy Pelosi attempts — and fails — to wriggle out of her own Obamacare lie
- Manufacturing racism: The Oberlin College race hoax
- Ms. Marvel of Marvel Comics to return … as Muslim teen
- Hallmark rewrites lyric of popular Christmas carol to avoid offending … who?
- Universal Studios cancels gay Superman show
- White House celebrates Bisexual Visibility Day with official closed-door event
- Protests force closure of bakery that refused to bake gay wedding cake
- Rent out your teat to gay parents: Women only need apply
- Why are liberals willing to tolerate black intolerance toward gays?
- New campaign joyously proclaims to expectant parents ‘Congratulations, you’re having a lesbian’