While appearing on Sunday’s edition of CNN’s Fareed Zakaria GPS, White House National Security Adviser Susan Rice doubled down on comments she made last week, explaining to Zakaria why she thinks military and intelligence leadership is too white, too male and too heterosexual.
“It is not serving us as well as it could, given that we are a country that is now about 40% minority, and the leadership of our intelligence community, our military leadership are less than 15% minority. Our senior diplomats, less than 20% minority. We can do better,” she said.
“Recognizing that those with diverse backgrounds, different ethnicities, races, religions, sexual orientations, gender, bring a perspective that may not be the perspective that has been predominant from generations ago. And that’s a good thing. I think we’ve all learned the dangers of groupthink,” she added.
Video of her comments can be seen below:
The Daily Wire added:
No mention was made of threats to national cohesion wrought by the promotion of diversity as a value unto itself. Also ignored was any mention of diversity of ideological or political background. Diversity in the superficial dimensions of personhood, implied Rice, is correlated with diversity in substantive dimensions of political perspectives and understanding.
Trending: Cartoon of the Day: Lost Leader
So much for being a colorblind society…
- Susan Rice: Too many whites in government jobs endangering national security
- Clinton to white people: ‘We need to recognize our privilege’
- Author at ‘whiteness’ event: White Americans ‘biggest terror threat’ — Video
- Vanderbilt prof. calls for massive surveillance of whites to combat racism
- Education consultant says white paper may cause racism in young children