On Thursday, Senate Democrats violated a century-old rule to pass what has been called the “nuclear option,” turning the Democrat-controlled Senate into a rubber-stamp for Barack Obama’s judicial and executive appointments.
Obama was happy with the rule change, but he didn’t always support it. In fact, while serving at the junior Senator from Illinois, he spoke out against it.
Video of that can be seen below:
“The nuclear option was not what the Founders had in mind. It will poison Washington,” he said.
Of course, that was when Republicans had control of the Senate and the White House.
Now that Democrats are in charge, it’s a different story. This time around, Obama is happy with the Democrat’s de facto coup d’etat.
On Thursday, his message was quite different:
PRESIDENT OBAMA: “A majority of senators believe as I believe that enough is enough.” pic.twitter.com/iIq5aP7Skq
— NewsBreaker (@NewsBreaker) November 21, 2013
Here’s his statement today:
Dick Morris added:
The practical implication of this coup is that we now are moving more and more toward a parliamentary system in the U.S. rather than one based on checks and balances as our forefathers set up. We are nearing an elected dictatorship where the president can do what he wants with a compliant Senate willing to confirm judges who grant him the power to do so, Constitution or not.
This is what “fundamental transformation” is all about…
- Conservative group: Reid violated Senate rules to invoke nuclear option
- Mark Levin warns: Obama preparing country for coup against Constitution
- Liberal Daily Kos diarist calls for ‘benevolent’ Obama dictatorship
- The case against re-electing Barack Hussein Obama, part 2
- More liberal Democrats call on Obama to rule like a dictator on the debt ceiling
- Sheila Jackson Lee urges Pres. Obama to rule like a dictator on debt ceiling
- Obama’s Park Service kicks owners out of private Lake Mead homes over shutdown
- Park Ranger admits being told to make life as difficult for people as possible
- Democrat votes to arrest military chaplains who minister to troops during shutdown
- Obama Closes Down the Atlantic Ocean?
- House to Chuck Hagel: Don’t arrest military chaplains during shutdown
- Obama supporters threaten to kill protesters at Overpasses for Obama Impeachment
- The left’s shutdown battle cry: Kill them all!
- Deranged: Cher suggests killing Tea Party Republicans on Twitter
- Newsweek cover depicts President Obama as ‘god of all things’