According to Macedonia’s interior ministry, 18 police officers were injured when they clashed with refugees on the country’s southern border.
The Associated Press added:
The ministry says two of the officers have been hospitalized in the border town of Gevgelija.
The clashes erupted after a 24-year-old Moroccan migrant suffered severe burns when he touched a high-voltage cable on the Greek side of the border.
The migrants, already angry about the fact that Macedonia has started to erect a fence on the border, started throwing stones at police officers who were cordoning off the official checkpoint. Some police vehicles were also damaged, the ministry says.
Video of the clash can be seen below:
The Gateway Pundit’s Jim Hoft said refugees “chanted the Islamic war cry” as they pelted officers with rocks.
Macedonia, the AP added, “Macedonia has started to erect a fence on its southern border with neighboring Greece in order to prevent illegal crossings and to channel the flow of migrants through the official checkpoint.”
Trending: Cartoon of the Day: Lost Leader
- Rasmussen: One in three support government tracking of Muslims
- ISIS ‘fighter’ wails and moans when captured by Kurdish Peshmerga forces
- Ex-Muslim warns Europe; ‘deport anti-democratic Islamists’ or face more attacks
- Christians stoned by American Muslims in Dearborn as police watch
- Rep. John Conyers calls for government policy to counter anti-Muslim attitudes