During a discussion on Friday’s “PBS NewsHour,” New York Times columnist David Brooks and Mother Jones Washington Bureau Chief David Corn referred to GOP presidential candidate Ted Cruz and his father as “satanic.”
The comments came after host Judy Woodruff asked Brooks about the back-and-forth between Rubio and Cruz.
“So, what’s going on over there, or is anybody making any headway among that group?” she asked.
Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?
Brooks said that Cruz is “making headway” while Ben Carson’s campaign is “collapsing,” and Donald Trump may have “ceilinged out.”
“Cruz is somehow beginning to get some momentum from Iowa and elsewhere,” Brooks added. “And so people are either mimicking him, which Rubio is doing a little by adopting some of the dark and satanic tones that Cruz has…”
Corn went on to attack Cruz’s father, a traveling pastor.
“Well, actually, if you go to a speech from his dad, who is a pastor, evangelical, Rafael Cruz, it actually is satanic. He — I watched a speech in which he said Satan was behind the Supreme Court decision to legalize gay marriage,” Corn said.
Brooks then said he had to “withdraw the satanic of Ted Cruz,” but called his rhetoric “combative,” “dark” and “harsh.”
Video can be seen below:
Apparently, Corn agrees with Cher, who once said Cruz is “Satan incarnate.”
H/T The Blaze
- Political ‘expert’ Cher: Ted Cruz is ‘SATAN INCARNATE,’ a ‘Judas’ to America, Hitler and a ‘deviant’
- Video: Ted Cruz says Obama using ‘exact same argument’ ISIS uses against Christians
- New Hampshire Democrat suggests passing laws to restrict freedom for conservatives, media silent
- Ted Cruz booed off stage at ‘Christian’ event for supporting Israel, Jews
- Ted Cruz: Senate Dems want to repeal First Amendment