On Tuesday, James Okeefe’s Project Veritas released the first video in his “Deep State” expose series. In this video, O’Keefe exposed a State Department employee, identified as Stuart Karaffa, who admits that he regularly engages in political activity for the radical Democratic Socialists of America on the taxpayer’s dime, all the while advocating for resistance against the current administration.
According to Breitbart:
He said that theoretically he could be caught — “Maybe someday I’ll go to Board of Elections jail” — probably not but joked that it would be impossible to fire a federal employee.
He readily identifies with the so-called “resistance,” Breitbart added.
“Resist everything. … Every level. F*ck sh*t up,” he says.
As for his partisan political activity, which, by the way, we’re all paying for, he says: “I’m careful about it. I don’t leave a paper trail, like I leave emails, and like any press s**t that comes up I leave that until after 5:30. But as soon as 5:31 hits, got my like draft messages ready to send out.”
And to think that this is what’s lurking in our government.
“We’ve heard a lot about the Deep State; holdovers from the previous administration resisting change or nameless and faceless bureaucrats slowing things down or leaking secrets in an effort to undermine this administration,” O’Keefe said. “What is truly striking is their boldness, they are not afraid. They are even boastful about a warped reality, where they won’t get caught and can’t get fired even if they did.”
And it gets a whole lot worse. As O’Keefe explains in the video, Karaffa’ activity actually violates federal law, specifically the Hatch Act, a law passed in 1939 which prohibits executive branch employees from engaging in partisan political activity.
In fact, the specific activity mentioned in the video — sending emails — is strictly prohibited by the law.
According to the Office of the Special Counsel (Emphasis added):
Further restricted federal employees are prohibited from taking an active part in partisan political management or partisan political campaigns. Specifically, these employees may not campaign for or against candidates or otherwise engage in political activity in concert with a political party, a candidate for partisan political office, or a partisan political group. Such employees:
May not engage in political activity – i.e., activity directed at the success or failure of a political party, candidate for partisan political office, or partisan political group – while the employee is on duty, in any federal room or building, while wearing a uniform or official insignia, or using any federally owned or leased vehicle. For example:
- May not wear or display partisan political buttons, T-shirts, signs, or other items.
- May not make political contributions to a partisan political party, candidate for partisan political office, or partisan political group.
- May not post a comment to a blog or a social media site that advocates for or against a partisan political party, candidate for partisan political office, or partisan political group.
- May not use any e-mail account or social media to distribute, send or forward content that advocates for or against a partisan political party, candidate for partisan political office, or partisan political group.
Here’s the video:
WATCH: @StateDept employee @stuartkaraffa admits to doing @DemSocialists work while on the clock, using taxpayer's dollars."I don't leave a paper trail…I have nothing to lose. It's impossible to fire federal employees." pic.twitter.com/0XSX0CudCl See more: https://t.co/rg6c42gvGS
— Project Veritas (@Project_Veritas) September 18, 2018
Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, doesn’t it?
- Cartoon of the Day: Deep State Depression
- Obama Inc.’s “Deep State” Fingerprints Caught In Trumped-up Russian Espionage: Will They Be Charged?
- Chelsea Clinton’s ‘best friend’ shows how the Deep State endures
- Breitbart to mainstream media: ‘You made DeepStateGate happen’
And while you’re at it, be sure to check out our friends at Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative front-page founded by ex-military!