Either Democrat Joe Biden can’t read from his teleprompter, or he really is suffering from some form of dementia. During an online campaign event, the gaffe-prone Democrat who seems to have a very hard time with numbers, claimed he was first elected to the Senate 180 years ago.
While speaking about his support of first responders, Biden said he was there for them from “the time I got to the Senate 180 years ago.”
Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?
Don’t take our word for it. Here’s video:
Here’s a longer version:
— Breitbart News (@BreitbartNews) September 26, 2020
As Big League Politics observed, Martin Van Buren would have been president, and things were quite different in those days:
That would’ve been in 1840, when Martin Van Buren was President. There were 52 Senators at the time, and the Democratic Party controlled the chamber, with a Whig minority in opposition. Biden was talking about supporting first responders and firefighters, who would’ve existed in a vastly different capacity in the mid-19th century.
Biden did laugh a little bit after he made the error, which seems to have stemmed from faulty teleprompter instructions or Biden simply misreading the screen in front of him.
Biden, by the way, was first elected to the U.S. Senate in 1972, 48 years ago.
One person had perhaps the best take on the situation:
180 years in government and still nothing but corruption to show for it.
— Christian Shute (@ChristianShute) September 26, 2020
Sad, but true…
- Flashback: Biden Calls Troops, ‘Stupid Bastards’ During 2016 Speech (Video)
- Video: Lyin’ Joe Biden Claims 200 Million Will Die From COVID By End Of His Speech
- Video of the Day: Lyin’ Joe Biden Lies About Number of Military Covid Deaths — Claims Over 6,000 Have Died, Actual Number is Seven
- Lyin’ Joe Biden Falsely Claims Black Man Invented Light Bulb, Not White Guy Named Edison (Video)
- Lyin’ Joe Biden Lies About Trump Supporter Murdered in Portland, Suggests He Brought it on Himself (Video)
If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line. Facebook, Google and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately stifle conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, and check us out at ProAmerica Only.