In 1964, 28-year-old Kitty Genovese was stabbed to death outside her Queens, New York apartment building. The story made national headlines, not because of the brutality of the young woman’s murder, but because of the indifference of neighbors, many of whom heard her screams and pleas for help and did nothing.
It is now fifty years later, and things have changed little. Eyewitnesses to acts of violence remain as impassive as ever. If there is a difference, it is that now many record the videos of the attack using their cellphones.
It was one such recording of an attack on a young mother in front of her toddler son that has provided police in Salem, N.J., with possible leads to the identity of the perpetrator. The suspect is black, as can be seen in the video which follows, and appears to be wearing a McDonald’s uniform.
CBS Philly offers other relevant details:
The attack happened Tuesday afternoon…
The victim falls to the ground and while on the ground, the suspect punches the victim approximately 20 times.
At one point during the video, the suspect can be heard saying: “You better get your son before I kick him in the face too!”
At the end of the video, the suspect appears to spit on the victim as she lays [sic] helplessly on the ground.
The clip was originally posted on Facebook but has since been removed, though obviously copies remain.
There is no word on the condition of the victim or, equally importantly, of her son, who suffered a traumatic experience.
- Two more seniors are victims of black-on-white violence
- Detroit driver clings to life, beaten by mob after accidentally running down 10-year-old
- Like it or not, Obama is going to have to speak up on black-on-white violence
- 99-year-old woman killed in own home by another ‘Obama’s son look-alike’
- Family of black teen who attempted armed robbery irate that a Good Samaritan shot him (Video)
- Louisville family attacked by huge roaming mob of teens
- Coed struck in face with brick by marauding teens, MSM omit race
- Latest ‘knockout’ perp targeted a disabled man as his victim
- NYC man with broken jaw latest victim of ‘knockout game’
- Bus driver whose life saved by Bible latest victim of knockout game
- The shot heard round the McDonald’s
- In latest report of knockout attack MSM hints at race of perps
- U. of Michigan Black Student Union demands admin stop mentioning race in crimes