On Tuesday, the town of Hamtramck, Michigan, became what many believe is the first city to elect a majority Muslim city council, Click on Detroit said. After the election, four of the six members of the council are Muslim.
A local video report crowed about the “diversity” of the council, and how wonderful it is that a town could elect so many of one particular faith to serve on its governing body. You can see that in the video below:
But, Pamela Geller wondered, how is a majority of something “diverse?”
Good question. She wrote:
The reporter and all of the Muslims quoted in this news report herald the diversity of America’s first Muslim majority city council, “the Hamtramck City Council is going to reflect diversity.” What’s diverse about a Muslim majority? Is the anything less diverse and more oppressive than Islamic law? What Muslim countries are diverse? Muslims won’t even let Jews pray at the most holy of Jewish sites. Muslim countries under the sharia subjugate their religious minorities.
Hmmm. Wonder what this report would look like if four of those council members were pro-life conservative Evangelical Christians? Do I really need to ask?
- Video: Czech doctor reveals horrific reality of Muslim migrants in Germany
- German lawmaker proposes forcing youths to serve migrants
- Lesbian Swedish bishop seeks removal of crucifixes to welcome Muslim ‘angels’
- Mom’s response to assignment on Islam goes viral, gets user slapped by Facebook
- Muslims in Dearborn rally against free speech, call for anti-blasphemy laws