While fumbling for an answer on why the White House continues to use misleading statistics on the gender wage gap, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney falsely claimed Republicans fought civil rights legislation.
“Republicans object to this [Paycheck Fairness Act] strenuously using the same arguments that conservatives used when they objected to every bit of progress made on civil rights for women and minorities for history, over the past many decades, and they were wrong then, and they are wrong now,” he said.
Video can be seen below:
Which Candidate Do You Support in the Republican Primaries?
Of course, Carney got it backwards.
It wasn’t Republicans who fought civil rights legislation — it was Democrats.
But being a good liberal, Carney refuses to let the truth get in the way.
- Charlie Rangel: Tea Party ‘same group’ of ‘crackers’ who fought civil rights
- Oprah Winfrey wrongly claims ‘millions’ of blacks lynched
- Michelle Malkin: Al Sharpton ‘evil’ demagogue who hates whites, cops, Jews (Video)
- Rep. Charlie Rangel falsely claims ‘millions of kids’ killed by assault weapons
- Al Sharpton falsely claims Democrats stood for Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Joy Behar shows ignorance of history, claims GOP not ‘black friendly’
- Jesse Jackson compares Madison to Selma and Gettysburg
- Political Correctness is destroying America
- Sean Hannity demands apology from Al Sharpton for overheated racial rhetoric