On Thursday, Jeff Dunetz, publisher of “The Lid” LidBlog.com, and Ian Marlow, founder of FiTech Consultants, discussed Facebook’s meeting with conservatives and spent over 10 minutes talking about how Facebook silences conservatives.
Dunetz, by the way, recently wrote an article about this issue at MRC, and is something everyone should read, in my opinion.
Recently, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg met with a small group of conservatives, including Glenn Beck, over recent reports that the social media giant had kept conservative news out of its Trending Topics section.
But as we’ve discussed many times, the issue is far deeper than that.
Here’s video of the discussion, which includes a great deal of actual examples, courtesy of Newsmax TV. Frankly, this is one of the best discussions on the issue I have seen in quite some time and is well worth watching:
As a final note, Adina Kutnicki, an investigative journalist based in Israel, and I are putting the finishing touches on a book about the social media site and what it enables. The book is tentatively set to be published this fall.
On Monday, yours truly will discuss that book with Dunetz on his Internet program. Be sure to check out our Facebook page for further information and a link.
- Facebook: Saying there are two genders violates community standards, earns user 30-day ban
- Pamela Geller: Muslim posted death threat on Facebook page
- Facebook: Article about Muslims angry over restaurants’ refusal to serve halal food violates community standards
- ‘Muslim Mafia’ author: Muslims working with Facebook to silence critics of Islam
- Facebook smacks admin of ‘2 Million Bikers to DC’ page for clicking ‘like’