According to Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., Americans who find themselves on a terrorist watch list can petition the government to prove their innocence. So much for due process and so much for the idea that one is innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
Don’t just take our word for it, check out the video for yourself, and notice that she tries to blame Bush for the situation:
Goodbye, freedom. Goodbye due process.
A post at RedState notes:
Feinstein said during Face the Nation that this bill would have stopped the Orlando shooting. While it is probably not true – as Mateen could have just gotten his gun illegally, as most criminals do – this kind of bill is ripe for abuse.
I’d also like to remind everyone that it wasn’t long ago that the DHS was labeling Tea Partiers and veterans as likely terroristsafter Obama’s election to office. If for any reason the government decides to punish, or weaken its detractors, all it has to do is say they suspect them of terrorism, and that’s that. There needn’t be any trial.
But what makes this bill even more terrifying is the fact that this opens the door for so much government overreach, unlike anything we’ve seen before. Why stop at 2A?
Exactly. What if Democrats decided to do away with the entire Bill of Rights? Considering the rhetoric they’ve used lately, they’d no doubt accuse critics of treason for not wanting tyranny.
This is why every single liberal — regardless of party — needs to be soundly defeated in November.
- Dem. Senator Jeanne Shaheen: People who buy AR-15s out ‘to do bad things’ — Audio
- Evangelical leaders: Hillary Clinton’s positions are evil, wicked — Video
- Loretta Lynch: Compassion, unity, love, ‘most effective response to terror’ — Video
- White House falsely accuses GOP of selling guns to ISIS
- Democrat senators falsely accuse GOP of selling guns to ISIS, attack gun owners