On Sunday, Sen. Susan Collins, R-Me., hammered fired FBI Director James Comey for releasing his anti-Trump book during an ongoing investigation.
According to NBC:
“I cannot imagine why an FBI director would seek to essentially cash in on a book when the investigation is very much alive,” she said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “He should have waited to do his memoir.”
Collins, a member of the Senate’s Select Committee on Intelligence, which is conducting its own investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election in addition to the Department of Justice probe run by special counsel Robert Mueller, also said that if she were advising a future FBI director, she would tell that person two things.
Here’s video, courtesy of Lid’s Vids:
Our good friend Jeff Dunetz notes: “Wait, I forgot that Comey is a registered Republican. Now it makes sense because everyone knows Collins only trashes Republicans.”
More videos, here.
- Comey admits Trump election legitimate, won’t say if U.S. would have been better off with Clinton
- GOP Reps issue criminal referral for Comey, McCabe, Clinton, Lynch, others
- Conservative journalist Laura Loomer to ‘slime ball’ Jim Comey: ‘You’re going to jail’ — Videos
- Implosion: Comey interview aftermath causes crash on Left
- Video of the Day: Lanny Davis calls James Comey a ‘lying…renegade narcissist’