Film maker Ami Horowitz is known for his impromptu, and often controversial, man on the street interviews. As it turns out, his latest from the über-liberal streets of Williamsburg, Brooklyn just may have more than a few shaking their heads in disbelief regarding the Leftist view of Islam.
As reported by TheBlaze.com, a number of the residents of the center of the universe for everything hipster see no connection whatsoever between the followers of Muhammad and the recent Orlando Massacre perpetrated by a self-avowed member of ISIS. In fact, those interviewed lay the blame directly on the shoulders of the Republican Party.
And it’s not just the GOP getting the blame for nearly 100 dead or wounded at the hand of Omar Mateen. More than a few found fault with firearms themselves, despite the fact that guns are inanimate objects incapable of thought, word or deed.
When queried if Islam (fundamentalist or otherwise) played a role in Mateen’s motivation for the terror attack, examples of responses include:
- “I don’t think it had much to do with Islam, to be honest.”
- “I think it was another situation of a lonely, deranged male. People are not evil, this is ignorance.”
- “Islam on the whole is a very peaceful, like, religion. It’s a very peaceful people.”
In light that Islam in and of itself played no part in the killer’s thought process, Williamsburgians were then asked exactly who is to blame?
- “More on the Republicans than Islam.”
- “100 percent the Republicans.”
- “Guns, Republicans, Islam.”
- “Guns way more than Islam. Way more.”
In the meantime, both the DOJ (Department of Justice) and the FBI have reversed their initial plan to provide the American people a heavily redacted (Read: Censored) transcript of Mateen’s 911 calls in which he openly pledged his allegiance to the Islamic State. According to Newser.com, the Obama Administration reversed course to censor all mentions of Islam, Allah, the Islamic State, or the leader of ISIS Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
As reported, “Mateen’s name and the groups and people to whom he pledged allegiance were initially omitted from the excerpt. But the Justice Department reversed course later Monday, providing a more complete transcript confirming Mateen pledged allegiance to the leader of ISIS and the groups and people to whom he pledged allegiance were initially omitted from the excerpt. But the Justice Department reversed course later Monday, providing a more complete transcript confirming Mateen pledged allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of the Islamic State. The extremist group encourages its followers who seek to commit violence in its name to make public pledges of support.. The extremist group encourages its followers who seek to commit violence in its name to make public pledges of support.
- Video: Scott Baio says Obama either dumb, Muslim or a Muslim sympathizer
- Video: FBI says it redacted ‘ISIS’ from Mateen transcript to ‘prevent future attacks’
- FBI, DOJ do ‘Keystone Cops’ impersonation, reverse course on Mateen transcript
- Poll: Nearly one in five says Obama is a Muslim
- Obama angers conservatives with remarks on slander of Islam at United Nations