Good afternoon, I’m still reporting on the tech duopoly.
Did you know that 2/3rds of all digital ad spending goes to just two companies, Facebook and Google, which represents 104% of all growth. In other words, it is NOT getting better. It’s getting worse.
Tucker Carlson, trying to something good for the world like a good reporter should, interviewed an NYU professor of marketing, Scott Galloway, last night. Galloway explained that the American tech economy needs to be oxygenated again because these tech giants have cut off all the innovative oxygen to smaller companies.
But the big four tech giants, Facebook, Google, Amazon and Apple, are so powerful that only Congress has the power to set things right for the rest of us. They must step in and breakup these tech titans.
Is America headed for a recession?
The problem is what will motivate Congress to do that? Google is one of the biggest spenders among the K-street lobbyists inside the beltway. This is a question that will take years to resolve. But does American innovation have that long to live without the financial oxygen needed to survive?
I’m still reporting from just outside the one-time free-speech capital of the world. Good day.
(Ed. – We’d like to welcome Bill Still to our family of contributors at the Conservative Firing Line, and look forward to many good reports from him. You can check out his YouTube channel here.)
- Analysis: Facebook’s algorithm changes help CNN, liberal sites, hurts conservative sites
- Panel to discuss social media censorship and political bias by Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Google
- AT&T calls for ‘Internet Bill of Rights’ to end censorship by Facebook, Google
- Video of the Day: YouTube Censorship Campaign Exposed — With Bonus Video
- PragerU sues Google, YouTube over alleged censorship of conservative videos