Over the last few years, there have been many headlines that reflected the destruction of the conservative culture. Remember the all the controversy over Christians refusing to bake cakes for gay weddings? And all the leftist career politicians that pushed that agenda? Well, they are just some of the bully(ies) that got what they deserved on November 8th.
TownHall.com outlined a few for you here. And here’s the obvious benefits of rolling with the Trump train:
House Republicans barely suffered any net losses — racking up big wins in diverse districts across the country, and retaining their firm control over Congress’ lower chamber. At the state level, the GOP now controls at least 33 governorships (with a North Carolina partial recount pending), and owns total control of two-thirds of state legislatures.
And here we go. Here’s some of the fallout.
1) Oregon’s Democratic Secretary of State went down to defeat, marking the first GOP victory in a statewide election in 14 years. More significantly, the loser of this race was known to many as the infamous bully who led the charge to fine a Christian-owned bakery $144,000 for declining to provide services to a same-sex wedding:
Avakian is the state bureaucrat who went after the business of the Christian bakers, Sweetcakes by Melissa in 2013. The owners, Melissa and Aaron Klein, refused to create a wedding cake for a lesbian couple. Though the bakery served gay customers, the couple believed that by participating in the wedding ceremony, they were condoning the marriage, which conflicted with their Christian beliefs. Avakian’s Bureau of Labor and Industries (BOLI) went after the Kleins, resulting in them being forced to close their business.
(2) In Colorado, voters absolutely demolished a ballot initiative to create a government-run, single-payer healthcare system for the state. Nearly 80 percent of Coloradans cast ballots against the measure, with barely one-in-five voting ‘yes.’ Every single county in the state voted against the idea, including liberal Denver County, where two-thirds of residents rejected it.
(3) For all of the attention paid to odious white supremacist David Duke throughout this campaign cycle, his US Senate run in Louisiana ended in abject, deserved embarrassment. The state’s conservative electorate relegated Duke to a seventh-place finish, delivering him a rounding-error pittance of votes.
If this election proved anything at all, it is that the people determine the agenda, not the government. And when you bite the hand that feeds you, well, … the above happens. Let that be a lesson to you, establishment.
- Marine veteran shreds dishonest media for twisting Trump’s statement on PTSD
- Call 911: Corrupt media mad Trump refused to concede defeat during debate
- Liberal Media — Denial and Anger over Trump Victory
- Democrat-media complex declares Hillary winner of election weeks in advance to suppress voter turnout
- If Democrats nominated Satan, the media would worship him
Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?
And if you’re as concerned about Facebook censorship as we are, go here and order this new book: