His comments are just part of the ongoing effort to foment violence against conservatives who are trying to stop the massive law from going into effect.
Tuesday begins a 6-month race to enroll as many uninsured people as possible in the Affordable Care Act’s insurance exchanges. For the markets to be effective, they need millions of customers, and for elderly participants not to vastly outnumber younger ones.
It’s in this context that well-heeled conservative groups are appealing to uninsured young people to remain uninsured — part of a backdoor effort to undermine the structural integrity of the health care law.
Their efforts have attracted the attention of one senator who recounts how being insured saved his life when he was a young adult, and who has since then watched others die due to lack of coverage. And he doesn’t mince words with those who’d take risks with other people’s health security.
“That’s a scandal — those people are guilty of murder in my opinion,” Sen. Angus King, a Maine Independent who caucuses with Democrats, told me in a Friday interview. “Some of those people they persuade are going to end up dying because they don’t have health insurance. For people who do that to other people in the name of some obscure political ideology is one of the grossest violations of our humanity I can think of. This absolutely drives me crazy.”
“I tried to look up the phone number for one of these guys … to ask “are you aware of what you’re doing?” he added.
Got that? Now, if you’re one of the vast majority who oppose Obamacare, you’re also a murderer.
Earlier today, I reported that an unhinged “tippy-top” Democrat said it was time to punch Republicans in the nose.
Seriously, these people must want another civil war…
- ‘Tippy-top’ Dem to Politico on shutdown: ‘Time to punch’ GOP ‘bully’ in the nose
- Unhinged: Disgraced former Dem. official calls for eating Republicans, blowing up 2016 GOP convention
- Liberal graffiti states desire of leftists: ‘Kill all Republicans’
- The left’s answer for what ails America: Murder conservatives, NRA members
- White House petitions demand GOP arrested for treason, called terrorist group
- Hyper-partisan Obama in weekly address: ‘Extremist’ GOP set to shut down gov’t (Video)
- Harry Reid, Barack Obama fomenting violence against conservatives over Obamacare
- ‘Sick’ Brauer also encouraged cannibalism and bombing 2016 RNC: ‘I hate people’
- Calif. Dem. official to GOP staffer Amanda Carpenter: May your children all die
- UCSF fundraiser advocates withholding health care from Obamacare opponents
- Obama throws tantrum over Obamacare defunding, says military may not get paid
- Liberalism remains an ideology of genocidal hate and rage
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
Be sure to check out our Headlines page to see what else our contributors are covering and make sure to listen to “Grit and Grace” every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.
You can also hear Joe every Wednesday from 6-7 p.m. Pacific Time on Misguided Children radio.