Much like George Orwell predicted in his seminal work 1984, and in a move that makes Tom Cruise’s Minority Report look tame, Twitter is now going to factcheck the future in order to provide alleged clarity on election night.
The short messaging service said it would place notices at the top of user feeds warning that there may be delays in full election results and that people might see “misleading information” about voting by mail.
This “pre-bunking” is part of an effort to stay ahead of baseless claims about the election before they occur, according to Twitter’s head of site integrity Yoel Roth.
“We’re introducing ‘pre-bunks’ for some of the most common misleading claims about #Election2020,” Roth tweeted.
“Research shows that getting ahead of misinformation is a powerful way to build resilience. Excited to see this application of inoculation theory in practice.”
Why are we not surprised?
- Is Twitter, Facebook Censorship of Biden Corruption Story the Beginning of Social Tyranny?
- Are Big Social Media Companies Literally Trying To Determine Who Wins November’s Presidential Election?
- Sen Cruz — Big Tech Crossed The Line: Censors WH Press Secretary, House GOP, Trump Campaign
- Twitter Fined For Multiple Campaign Finance Violations — When Will The Nazi-Style Censorship Be Stopped?
- ‘Digital Civil War’: Big Tech Fascists Run Cover For Biden Over Hunter’s Emails — Election Meddling?
If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line. Facebook, Google and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately stifle conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and follow us at Parler.