Politics

Trump: Riot Wouldn’t Have Happened If Pelosi Hadn’t Rejected National Guard

This story was originally published by the WND News Center.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s partisan congressional committee assigned to review the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot hasn’t put her on the schedule for questioning.

And they’re not likely to, as they apparently are trying to send the message that all of the fault rests with President Trump.

But Trump said it’s Pelosi who actually holds a responsibility for the events of that day.

He said during an interview with Fox News host Sean Hannity, according to a report from Just the News, that he authorized 20,000 National Guard troops to be on hand that day.

But Pelosi refused them.

The 20,000 troops would have handled, easily, the few hundreds who went to the building and broke windows or doors, and entered and vandalized. Many hundreds others simply walked through open doors, sometimes held for them by security officers, to walk around and take selfies.

Hannity asked Trump if he authorized use of the National Guard for that day.

“100%,” Trump said. He said there are many witnesses to that decision.

He continued, “They turned it down. Nancy Pelosi turned it down.”

The report explained, “The decision to request the Guard is technically made by the Capitol Police Board, which is composed of the architect of the Capitol and the House sergeant at arms, under the speaker of the House, and the Senate sergeant at arms, under the Senate majority leader, according to the Associated Press. It was only once the rally turned into a riot that the request was made. Pelosi’s spokesperson said the speaker was unaware Trump had requested the Guard.”

Trump said he wanted 10,000 Guard members available, and upped that to 20,000 based on a suggestion from Kash Patel, chief of staff to the acting secretary of defense.

“I wanted to have soldiers and/or National Guard, and Nancy Pelosi turned it down, and if she didn’t turn it down, you would not have had any problem,” Trump said.

Tens of thousands of people attended a rally held by Trump that morning, the day Congress voted to accept the Electoral College vote count and make Joe Biden the next president.

The vandalism at the Capitol building started before the rally was over, and so far some 700 people have been charged with offenses that range mostly from trespassing to vandalism. Only a handful are facing any charges of significance.

The special committee appointed by Pelosi is partisan because she refused to seat several members suggested by the minority GOP. Instead she picked wildly anti-Trump activists like Adam Schiff, who claimed for years – even after the storyline was debunked – that he had evidence of Trump’s 2016 campaign colluding with Russia.

Those claims actually now appear to have been created by Hillary Clinton in an effort to divert the public’s attention from her own email scandal.

For GOP representation, after Pelosi refused the minority party’s picks, she picked two vocally anti-Trump members of the GOP, Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger.

The committee has issued hundreds of subpoenas, often for telephone records of people who haven’t yet been told they’re under investigation. A recent report said of the 80 or so that are publicly known, only a handful address people actually connected with the events that day.

Many of the people the Democrats are trying to target are outsiders, including Hannity.

Content created by the WND News Center is available for re-publication without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected].

Related:

Turn your back on Big Tech oligarchs and join the New Resistance NOW!  Facebook, Google, and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately silence conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and follow us at Parler, Social Cross and Gab.  You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line, and at the new social media site set up by members of Team Trump, GETTR.

While you’re at it, be sure to check out our friends at Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative front-page founded by ex-military!And be sure to check out our friends at Trending Views:Trending Views

Related Articles

Our Privacy Policy has been updated to support the latest regulations.Click to learn more.×