Trump proclaims November Veterans and Military Families Month
On Wednesday, VA Secretary David Shulkin joined President Donald Trump in the Oval Office for the President’s signing of a proclamation establishing November as Veterans and Military Families Month.
This is the first time that America will celebrate Veterans and Military Families for the entire month and not just on Veterans Day.
“Our Veterans and Military Families are an important part of our lives throughout the year, and by focusing for the first time nationally on a whole month of activities nationwide for Veterans and Military Families Month, we can more fully celebrate and recognize their contributions to the nation,” said Secretary Shulkin.
Today’s proclamation by the President is the first of many events nationwide. Also today, throughout the country VA medical centers (VAMCs) and Community Based Outpatient Centers will hold open houses.
Highlighted events for the Month include:
Throughout the month of November:
- Senior leader visits to VA medical centers and regional offices;
- Homeless Veteran Initiative events;
- Surrogate Speeches;
- Churches/Synagogues recognize Veterans and their families;
- VA Canteen Specials
- Suicide Prevention Events
- November 1 – Proclamation signing by President Trump, VA Open Houses nationwide
- November 2 – Capitol Hill Veterans Awareness & Recognition Day
- November 4 (and several other days during the month) – Events held in coordination with Got Your Six where Veterans tell their stories of service
- November 5 – Philadelphia Veterans Parade and Festival
November 6 –
- 50th Anniversary of Vietnam War & Medal of Honor Recognition;
- Secretary Shulkin address at the National Press Club;
- Hiring our Heroes Summit in Atlanta along with the Atlanta Falcons
November 7 – Minnesota Vikings Visit Spinal Cord Injury Center – Minneapolis
November 9 – National Veterans Stand Out Day – Veterans will wear something meaningful to them denoting their military service
November 9 – National World War I Memorial Ground Breaking Ceremony — Washington
November 10 – Boston Parade / Marine Corps Birthday
November 11 (Veterans Day) – Veterans Day Breakfast D.C. and Arlington National Cemetery Veterans Day Ceremony
November 13-17 – Veteran Legal Clinic Week of Service (Pro Bono Legal Assistance for Veterans at VA medical centers)
November 13-17 – National Apprenticeship Week
November 13-17 – Suicide Prevention Week — Preventing Veterans Suicide is Everyone’s Business
November 15 – Groundbreaking Ceremony West LA Cemetery
November 20-24 – Spend an Hour with a Vet Week
November 20 – National Cemetery Administration Veteran Employee Day
November 28 – 10th Anniversary of the Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES)
November 30 – VA names new cemetery in the San Francisco Bay Area
The full list of events for Veterans and Military Families month is available at https://www.va.gov/opa/vetsday/veteransmonthcalendar.asp
Help a USAF Veteran who has had no income in 3 months in need by clicking here.
- Soldier Who Saluted Funeral Procession in Pouring Rain Loses Home to Fire
- Media feeding frenzy erupts with Manafort, Gates indictments
- Tony Podesta resigns from lobbying firm as Mueller closes in
- Antifa Reportedly Infiltrated by America’s Militias; List of Cities Allegedly Targeted for Nov. 4 Protests Revealed
- Video: Democrat Fakes PTSD After Being Pulled Over For Speeding
If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so.