On Tuesday, House Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer admitted to reporters they knew many Americans would lose their health insurance coverage despite the promises made by President Obama, the National Review Online reported.
“We knew that there would be some policies that would not qualify and therefore people would be required to get more extensive coverage,” he told a reporter from the National Review.
Hoyer also spun Obama’s lies to the American public.
Which Candidate Do You Support in the Republican Primaries?
“I don’t think the message was wrong. I think the message was accurate. It was not precise enough…[it] should have been caveated with – ‘assuming you have a policy that in fact does do what the bill is designed to do,’” he said.
The NRO added:
Hoyer noted that people losing access to their current plans are mostly in the individual market, which is a small segment of the overall market. He also argued that requiring those plans to follow new mandates and regulations was important for ensuring those plans included “adequate coverage so the public would not have to be on the hook for serious illnesses or other illnesses.”
So far, approximately 1.5 million Americans have lost their coverage due to Obamacare, and millions more stand to lose their current coverage.
- WH website still promising you can keep your health insurance
- Dem Rep. John Lewis: Opposition to Obamacare is racism
- Obama admin knew of policy cancellations for years, claims ACA not responsible
- Video shows 19 times Obama lied about reducing insurance premiums by $2500 per year
- White House admits: Despite promises, some will lose current insurance coverage
- GOP Rep.: Obamacare website unsafe, unsecure, may have to be rebuilt
- Obamacare operator fired for taking Hannity call gets year’s salary
- Video: Kathleen Sebelius says she doesn’t work for people who want her to resign
- Nancy Pelosi: GOP ‘sabotage’ hindering implementation of Obamacare
- Liberals blame Koch brothers, Tea Party conspiracy for Obamacare site failure
- Juan Williams blames GOP for Obamacare software failures (Video)
- Dem. Rep. John Conyers: Massive Obamacare law a ‘very small and modest bill’
- John Conyers: Obamacare “platform” to socialized health care
- Nancy Pelosi: Obamacare about the freedom to choose happiness
- About that Obamacare penalty: The government has no way of enforcing it
- Report: Obamacare provision will allow ‘forced’ home inspections by gov’t agents
- Architect of Obamacare to release comic book explaining law
- Sebelius: Obamacare to favor gays over straight people
- Most native Americans pay no deductibles or copays with Obamacare
- MSNBC’s Chris Matthews: Orrin Hatch unpatriotic for not worshiping Obama, calling Obamacare a ‘bill’