On Monday, an estimated 3,000 people rallied outside New York’s state capitol in Albany to protest the state’s SAFE Act, the gun control law signed by Gov. Andrew Cuomo in January.
“Dozens” of others rallied inside the capitol building in support of gun control.
The rally is just two weeks before the final deadline to register weapons under the New York SAFE Act. By April 15, all semi-automatic assault weapons must be registered, or risk being charged with a misdemeanor.
Twitchy posted pictures of the event:
Of course, these must be those “extreme” conservatives Gov. Cuomo said are not welcome in the state…
- Gun rights supporters in New York burn hundreds of registration forms
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee to America: Turn in your guns
- Sheriff warns of second American revolution if gun confiscation laws pass
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo: ‘Extreme’ conservative Republicans not welcome in state
- New York Governor: Confiscation of guns ‘could be an option’
- Actress Marg Helgenberger: ‘One can only hope’ NRA members are shot dead
- University professor calls for beheading of NRA CEO, says NRA terrorist group