With the Republican Nation Convention in Cleveland just a few short months from now, every political junkie and armchair campaign manager in the country seems to have come down with Veep-stakes fever. And the amateurs aren’t the only ones who’ve come down with the bug.
As it would turn out, the professional political junkies and other assorted self-deigned experts have taken it upon themselves to let the hoi polloi know who they believe with be Donald Trump’s choice for the bottom of the ticket. As noted by the Daily Caller’s Alex Pappas and the Washington Post‘s Chris Cillizza, both on Feb. 23, 2016, their choices do overlap at times, but essentially are the safe bets on who may be tapped.
But at the other end of the spectrum are the likes of The Fiscal Times and Liberty News Now who’ve also handicapped the horses in the running. These lesser known internet news portals run the gamut from the glaringly obvious, to the patently absurd, to the Trumpian penchant for going way off the reservation and make a move seemingly for no other reason than to rub the Establishment’s nose in the dirt.
Possibly the only hard and fast rule would be the criteria former Trump campaign adviser Sam Nunberg told the Daily Caller who would fit the bill for Trump; “Either a military general, primary opponent or governor from a purple state.”
Just a few examples cited from the various websites include:
- General James “Mad Dog” Mattis, US Marine Corps (Retired) – Often referred to as the most revered Marine in a generation, Mad Dog is also world famous for his straight forward truisms, such as “Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet” and “The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot.”
- Senator (Colonel) Lindsey Graham, US Air Force Reserve (Retired) (R-SC) – Pros: Knows the DC halls of power inside and out. Knows where all the skeletons are buried. Cons: He and Trump hate each others guts. (Also cited, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Ben Carson, John Kasich, Carly Fiorinoa.)
- Tom Brady, Quarterback (New England Patriots) – Two words, deflated balls.
- Rudy Giuliani, former mayor of New York City (R) – All-American hero. His pronounced lisp might even draw votes from the Lindsey Graham camp.
- Gazillionaire to be named later: Carl Icahn? Jack Welch? Mark Cuban? A presidential/vice presidential ticket consisting of two men with more money than God, each with an ego the size of Jupiter. What could possibly go wrong?
- Ivanka Trump – Front runner for First Hottie. Currently the Executive Vice President of Development and Acquisitions for The Trump Organization. Forget about the Cola Wars or the Ginger or Maryann conundrum, what more than a few males of the species take a long, hard look at – the very real concern of Ivanka or Chelsea for the next 4-8 years.
- Vice President Ivanka Trump?
- Liberals threaten to murder Giuliani for saying Obama doesn’t love America
- Lindsey Graham: Better for a Democrat to win the White House than Donald Trump
- Lindsey Graham: As president, I’d use military to make Congress vote my way
- Lindsey Graham: Let’s limit freedom of speech in light of Koran burning