After that, she appeared on “NBC Nightly News” to discuss her identity with Savannah Guthrie. In that interview, she said there’s no proof her parents are really her parents… Seriously. Here’s a partial transcript, posted at PerezHilton.com:
“I know who raised me. I haven’t had a DNA test, there’s been no biological proof that Larry and Ruthanne are my biological parents.
I’m not necessarily saying that I can prove that they’re not, but I don’t know that I actually can prove they are. I mean, the birth certificate is issued a month and a half after I’m born… There were no medical witnesses to my birth.
I definitely am not white. Nothing about being white describes who I am. So, what’s the word for it? The closest thing that I can come to is, ‘if you’re black or white?’ I’m black. I’m more black than I am white.”
- Video: ‘Fake black’ Rachel Dolezal resigns as NAACP prez, offers no apology
- Fake black NAACP prez Rachel Dolezal cancels board meeting, board member says not so fast
- Fake black NAACP prez Rachel Dolezal: Only blacks should lead #BlackLivesMatter movement
- Audio: ‘Fake black’ NAACP prez Rachel Dolezal talks white privilege, racism
- Fordham University professor says Rachel Dolezal is black because ‘race and ethnicity are fluid’
- NAACP pres. Rachel Dolezal reportedly told brother: ‘Don’t blow my cover’
- MSNBC’s Al Sharpton questions motives of Rachel Dolezal’s parents
- Spokane police close investigation of alleged Rachel Dolezal hate mail
- Reports: Spokane NAACP leader falsely portrays herself as black, family says
- Liberal blogger, Think Progress award-winner charged with faking hate crimes