The soap opera surrounding allegations leveled against Judge Brett Kavanaugh just took an interesting turn. According to a report at the Wall Street Journal, two of Kavanaugh’s accusers — Christine Blasey Ford and Julie Swetnick — share a very interesting link, in the form of Trump-hating attorney Debra Katz.
According to the report, Swetnick was involved in a sexual harassment complaint against her employer at the time — New York Life Insurance Co. — and it turns out she was represented by the firm run by Katz, the attorney now representing Ford.
Coincidence? Many are saying no.
New: A decade ago, Julie Swetnick made a sexual harassment complaint against her former employer, New York Life Insurance. Representing her was the firm run by Debra Katz, who now reps Christine Blasey Ford. She was ultimately paid a financial settlement. https://t.co/goobX4fivL pic.twitter.com/UJ1LFRRc6Mtake our poll - story continues below
— Rebecca Ballhaus (@rebeccaballhaus) September 26, 2018
That was our initial response as well.
The plot thickens.
— Barbara Nelson (@Barbara96601499) September 26, 2018
Indeed it does.
This goes beyond “fishy.”
Naturally, there are those who see a conspiracy.
It certainly does appear to be an orchestrated effort to destroy a good man. Hopefully, Republicans in the Senate will grow a backbone and take the appropriate action to put this to a screeching halt.
This, by the way, comes after Swetnick’s allegations have been found to have more holes than a block of Swiss cheese. And keep in mind that the reliably liberal New York Times was unable to independently corroborate any of her allegations.
- Liberal New York Times: None of Swetnick’s claims against Kavanaugh ‘could be independently corroborated’
- Serious questions raised over ‘creepy porn lawyer’ Michael Avenatti’s new claim against Kavanaugh
- ‘Creepy porn lawyer’ Michael Avenatti: Kavanaugh’s claim to virginity in Fox interview ‘shows he’s lying’
- Friend of Kavanaugh accuser to CNN’s Acosta: Everyone got molested, but not by Kavanaugh — Video
- Right on time: Smear against Kavanaugh continues with questionable account from second accuser
And while you’re at it, be sure to check out our friends at Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative front-page founded by ex-military!