Last month the left-wing magazine GQ published a “war was not declared” story. The focus of the piece was Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who at the time was scheduled to testify before a closed-door session of the House Intelligence Committee that he was “troubled” by the import of Donald Trump’s July 25 phone call with the Ukrainian president.
Noting that Republicans have a history of denigrating “military veterans and their families,” GQ conributor Luke Darby took the GOP to task in effect for disparaging comments it had not made about Vindman, who received a Purple Heart after being wounded while on tour in Iraq.
The whole piece seemed like a fool’s errand — criticizing an entire group for something it might say — but it metamorphosed into high comedy today when GQ published the following correction about the original article:
NOTE: This story has been updated. Alexander Vindman received a Purple Heart after being wounded by an IED, or improvised explosive device, not an IUD, or intrauterine device. We regret the error.
The correction, meanwhile, is making the rounds on social media:
literally every time I say "IUD" i wonder if I'm getting it wrong and telling women to implant explosives into themselves so i feel this correction deeply https://t.co/EqGEl4Ad0O
— Jessica Huseman (@JessicaHuseman) November 22, 2019
Cross-posted with Liberty Unyielding
- Report: GOP Rep. Devin Nunes to take swift legal action against CNN, Daily Beast for ‘demonstrably false story’
- CNN hack, former Clinton press lackey Joe Lockhart falsely claims ALL Trump supporters racist
- Video of the Day: MSNBC propagandist Joe Scarborough falsely claims Trump base secretly supports impeachment
- Fake news NBC posts correction after falsely claiming Putin ‘does not deny’ having compromising info on Trump
- NYT alters ‘Gabbard working for Russians’ story to ‘Gabbard working for GOP’ — No correction noted
If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line. Facebook, Google and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately stifle conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and the new social site, Hardcore Conservatives