In a tweet issued Friday, Texas Governor Greg Abbott responded to President Obama’s plans to enact gun control by executive order.
“Obama wants to impose more gun control. My response.#? COME & TAKE IT,” he said, including a picture of the flag raised by Texans at the Battle of Gonzales.
— Greg Abbott (@GregAbbott_TX) January 1, 2016
Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?
The Washington Post said Obama intends to take executive action bypassing Congress despite concerns over terrorism and is set to meet with Attorney General Loretta Lynch to finalize his plan.
The Post added:
One of the main proposals Obama is poised to adopt would require some unlicensed gun dealers to get licenses and conduct background checks on potential buyers. The change is aimed at occasional dealers, including some who sell online frequently or rent tables at gun shows but do not have a storefront.
Obama began examining how he could tighten the nation’s gun rules after October’s mass shooting at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Ore. Administration lawyers have spent months reviewing various proposals to make sure they can withstand legal challenges.
Reaction to Abbott’s tweet was pretty much as expected:
— rachel zoldan (@rjacoby13) January 3, 2016
— Jenn Brockman (@SJBlahBlahBlog) January 2, 2016
@GregAbbott_TX just chill with this nonsense. You're only driving up the profits of gun makers and the salary of Wayne L. Of the NRA.
— Greg Hill (@ThrillHill82) January 1, 2016
Here’s video of Obama’s promise to enact even more unilateral gun control:
- Video: MSNBC’s Melissa Harris Perry suggests taking legal guns so men won’t shoot their wives
- HR-4269: A bill to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited
- Year end: Concealed carry on rise; Washington prime example
- NY Democrat begs Republican to keep gun confiscation proposal from public
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein admits: Goal of gun ban is to ‘dry up’ supply of weapons (Video)