According to a post at Ammoland, Obama is set to sign a U.N. gun control treaty before the end of August, while Congress is on vacation.
You heard it straight from the horse’s mouth. Jay Carney said Obama will sign the UN Arms Trade Treaty “before the end of August…We believe it’s in the interest of the United States.”
This is very strategic timing considering Congress is on a 5 week vacation lasting thru the month of August!
“These back door tactics are nothing new for the Obama Administration, which is why we are using tactics of our own to stop his anti-gun agenda. We have the home fax numbers of every Senator so while they are absent from the Capitol we can demand they must not ratify the UN Gun Treaty once Obama signs it,” Ammoland added.
It’s no secret Obama wants to shred the Second Amendment, and if he can do it under the auspices of a global treaty, he will.
Of course, the Senate has to ratify the treaty before it becomes binding, but you know the anti-gun crowd will be out in full force using every dirty trick they can think of to pressure Senators, including the tragic shooting of Trayvon Martin.
Forbes observed that this treaty, if ratified would — among other things — create an international gun registry, clearly setting the stage for full-scale gun confiscation, and ban the trade, sale and private ownership of all semi-automatic weapons.
“Our Senate took a stance before the Presidential election when 51 of them wrote Obama a letter saying they would not support an Arms Trade Treaty. We must let our entire U.S. Senate know we do not support international gun control. They must not ratify this international treaty,” wrote Alan M. Gottlieb, Chairman of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
Get on the phone, send emails and faxes, and let these critters in Washington know you will not stand for global gun control.
- Global gun control? Critics warn U.N. treaty would undermine U.S. gun rights
- Gun rights advocate: Obama could ‘ban all handguns’ using U.N. treaty
- Colorado Dem. mocks senior citizen at gun control forum over self defense
- Connecticut lawmakers propose eligibility certificates for ammo purchases, more
- Gun control activist calls for measure to ‘counterbalance’ Second Amendment
- Dana Loesch, Grover Norquist school Piers Morgan, Van Jones on gun control
- Chris Matthews compares gun rights supporters to Nazis, flubs movie reference
- Store rescinds Mark Kelly’s AR-15 rifle purchase, questions intent
- Alabama Democrat engages in racist email exchange with citizen on gun control
- Bloomberg gun control ads show unsafe and irresponsible use of shotgun
- David Gregory falsely claims 40 percent of guns sold without background checks
- Wealthy filmmaker Michael Moore: Most guns owned by ‘scared’ white people
- Rep. Charlie Rangel falsely claims ‘millions of kids’ killed by assault weapons
Be sure to check out our Headlines page to see what else our contributors are covering and make sure to listen to “Grit and Grace” every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.