On Wednesday, Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, posted what he called “The Legal Limit Report No. 4,” a document that delves into what the Daily Caller called “little-known and little-reported details of President Obama’s executive actions.”
“Of all the troubling aspects of the Obama presidency, none is more dangerous than the President’s persistent pattern of lawlessness, his willingness to disregard the written law and instead enforce his own policies via executive fiat,” he said in the introductory remarks.
“President Obama has openly defied [rule of law] by repeatedly suspending, delaying, and waiving portions of the laws that he is charged to enforce. When President Obama disagreed with federal immigration laws, he instructed the Justice Department to cease enforcing the laws. He did the same thing with federal welfare law, drug laws, and the federal Defense of Marriage Act,” he added. “In the more than two centuries of our nation’s history, there is simply no precedent for the White House wantonly ignoring federal law and asking others to do the same.”
Is America headed for a recession?
- Judge Napolitano: Impeachment the only way to stop Obama’s executive actions
- Barack Obama summarized: ‘I am the law’
- Liberal think tank says President can use military to push progressive agenda
- Obama Administration found in contempt of court over drilling moratorium
- Obama threatens more executive action: ‘I’ve got a pen and a phone’
- Admin unilaterally changes law, lets immigrants with limited terror ties in U.S.
- Viewers say Obama stoned during Olympics interview with Bob Costas
- Obama promises more dictatorial action in 2014: ‘I’ve got a pen and a phone’
- Retired Army officer calls for ‘American Spring’ to oust Obama, other leaders