While appearing at the Heritage Action for America’s second annual policy summit, Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, minced no words when he said that President Obama “encourages radical Islamic terrorists” with his lackadaisical attitude and failure to provide leadership when it is sorely needed.
“In the immediate aftermath of September 11, nations of the world stood with America. The nation of France stood with America. It was sad and unfortunate that we have not seen that same leadership with this administration now,” Cruz said. “And I would note that that lack of seriousness and purpose, that lack of resolve, is profoundly dangerous. It’s dangerous because it encourages radical Islamic terrorists to redouble their efforts and it’s dangerous because nations like Iran see that weakness.”
Of course, it’s not the first time Obama has snubbed world leaders or “fiddled” like Nero as the world burns. Remember, in 2011, Obama responded to the downgrade of the U.S. credit rating by playing golf. Detachment, it seems, is an Obama trademark.
So it’s really no surprise that Obama blew off a chance to take a public stand against Islamic terrorism.
Or is it, as Walid Phares suggested and reported by the Right Scoop, that Obama didn’t attend because the rally was against jihadism or radical Islam and he didn’t want to face questions as to whether he now opposes radical Islam.
Video of Cruz’s comments, courtesy of Breitbart.com, can be seen below:
- Ted Cruz: An attack on Charlie Hebdo ‘is an attack on us all’
- Muslim cleric Anjem Choudary warns of ‘blood bath’ if West doesn’t stifle freedom to appease Muslims
- Twitter erupts with calls to ban Islam
- Calls to deport Muslims, restrict Islam grow in wake of Paris attacks
- Obama snubs march against terror in Paris, 50 world leaders participate
- Muslim cleric Anjem Choudary: Anyone insulting Islam or Mohammed must die
- Muslim cleric Anjem Choudary blames free speech for Charlie Hebdo murders
- Obama administration responds to Hebdo attack by vowing to fight Islamophobia